You are here

Voice Meeter Banana Latency Issues

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Voice Meeter Banana Latency Issues

Postby rokyronnie » Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:27 pm

I'm using Voice Meeter Banana for some reasons and it works great. But when I'm trying to use it with Ableton Live (and probably any other DAW) there's a very big latency. I made a simple comparison between my audio interface driver and VoiceMeeter Virtual ASIO driver.

My surprise was that even though the VM Virtual Asio driver has an Output Latency shorter than my audio card ASIO driver, when I try to play an instrument, with VM Virtual Asio driver selected, I feel a considerable latency so you can't play something coherent.
Otherwise, with my audio card driver selected, the latency is so short that there's no problem in playing an instrument.

and Voice Meeter Banana Settings

What's the reason behind this difference? and why the numbers that are shown there doesn't reflect the actual reality.

Also, is the audio card that could do a bigger difference? or I'd have to upgrade my PC to have better performances and the possibility to use VM Virtual Asio as my main driver. Or both.

Thank you!
rokyronnie
Regular