You are here

UA Arrow question

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

UA Arrow question

Postby baward » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:06 pm

This might be a long shot, but is it possible some way to use (the Thunderbolt interface) UA Arrow with my Behringer ADA 8200? I don't have an Arrow, but I am considering it as I am a little bit over my Focusrite Scarlett (as good as that is) and fancy a change.

I have the ADA primarily for its ADAT interfacing; is there some gizmo that can connect the Arrow and the ADA 8200?
baward
Regular

Re: UA Arrow question

Postby Sam Spoons » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:24 pm

No, the Arrow only has two inputs and it's unlikely the ADA8200 mic preamps will be any better than the onboard ones so there is probably no point in using two of them instead of the UA pre's.
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........

Postby ConcertinaChap » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:10 pm

The Apollo Twin has an ADAT port which would serve to connect to the ADA8200 very well. You can find them on ebay if funds are short.

CC
ConcertinaChap
Jedi Poster
Making music: Eagle Alley, recording music: Mr Punch's Studio
We are normal and we want our freedom!.

Postby baward » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:57 pm

Thank you for your replies. The Arturia AudioFuse has come onto my radar now, looks quite promising especially for the £££.
baward
Regular

Postby ConcertinaChap » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:15 am

Aye, it's got ADAT. Arrow and/or Twin give you access to the UAD universe of plugins, though, which is great if expensive. If that doesn't bother you then you'll probably be best served elsewhere.

CC
ConcertinaChap
Jedi Poster
Making music: Eagle Alley, recording music: Mr Punch's Studio
We are normal and we want our freedom!.