You are here

iZotope Nectar Elements

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Moderator: Moderators

iZotope Nectar Elements

Postby Mike Stranks » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:26 pm

I've just noticed that it's on sale at the moment.

£17 from Plugin Boutique in UK. $20.21 direct from iZotope, but you'd have to add VAT on if in Europe/UK and, presumably, local taxes elsewhere.

Time to see what's in the piggy-bank methinks... :lol:
Mike Stranks
Jedi Poster

Re: iZotope Nectar Elements

Postby Dynamic Mike » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:42 am

That's a great price. To be honest it's the only iZotope plug-in I've not been able to get on with. It (or maybe Cubase) had an annoying habit of forgetting any tweaks & reverting to the original preset without warning. I'm sure it works great for some people though.

They're also doing Neutron Elements for the same price. There's probably not much in Neutron for the pros with great monitoring set-ups, but for those of us with less knowledge & less than ideal listening environments, it gets you in the right ballpark pretty quickly. It's like having a second pair of ears critically appraising each track & undoing any over enthusiastic EQ etc.
Dynamic Mike
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Innovation usually starts with someone thinking out loud.

Re: iZotope Nectar Elements

Postby Mike Stranks » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:02 am

Very quick test last night on spoken word - which is where the vast majority of my 'this needs fixing' work lies.

Some subtle changes which improved things slightly when in 'auto-only' mode. I'll do some more exploring later on the material for a podcast that I have to produce (contract production!) today.
Mike Stranks
Jedi Poster