You are here

Magix support...

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

Magix support...

Postby Zukan » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:06 pm

I currently own Soundforge 10.

I have recently had to upgrade my pc os to win 10 from win 7.

I have tried to install every version of Soundforge I own and none work on win 10, giving me errors of 'corrupt download'.

I have now spent 3 days trying to contact Magix for help and that includes 2 postings on their Facebook page...no responses.

Their UK tech support number is very weird. You call it and are prompted with the following: 'Input Block A', and then the phone dies.

Their sales number is not even responded to as I have been trying for the past 2 hours.

I need to use this audio editor as I have a lot of work that has passed deadlines.

Can anyone shed some light please?
Zukan

Re: Magix support...

Postby Agharta » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:40 pm

Have you tried using the free 30 day Demo for Version 11?
Not sure what restrictions it has though.
Agharta
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby Agharta » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:45 pm

Are you able to login to your Magix Account and download the older versions from there?

Try installing it as an Administrator.
Agharta
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby Zukan » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:29 pm

I have logged into my account but no downloads available.
Zukan

Postby CS70 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:34 pm

Zukan wrote:I currently own Soundforge 10.

I have tried to install every version of Soundforge I own and none work on win 10, giving me errors of 'corrupt download'.

I have now spent 3 days trying to contact Magix for help and that includes 2 postings on their Facebook page...no responses.

Their UK tech support number is very weird. You call it and are prompted with the following: 'Input Block A', and then the phone dies.

Their sales number is not even responded to as I have been trying for the past 2 hours.

I need to use this audio editor as I have a lot of work that has passed deadlines.

Considering it was weekend, probably it's a Monday email backlog issue.

Have u tried https://www.magix.info/us/audio-forum/ ? I use their products for video and the blokes in the forum are usually very helpful and knoweldgeable.
CS70
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Silver Spoon - Check out our latest video  and the FB page

Postby Agharta » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:59 pm

Zukan wrote:I have tried to install every version of Soundforge I own and none work on win 10, giving me errors of 'corrupt download'.

Try copying the files to another drive as if the drive itself is corrupt Windows should notice when trying to copy.
Agharta
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby Agharta » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:35 pm

If you can't get it sorted today let me know as I have an unused serial number for version 11 that I might be able to lend you for 30 days.
I need to check first if it needs to be registered to the consumer or professional account as that will define if I can lend it to you.
Agharta
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby Zukan » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:46 am

Thanks a heap Aggers but I need to get this sorted for good. I have another os partition that is win 7 and allows me to use SF10 but it is the os with the recording problems.
Zukan

Postby Zukan » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:47 am

CS70 wrote:
Zukan wrote:I currently own Soundforge 10.

Considering it was weekend, probably it's a Monday email backlog issue.

Have u tried https://www.magix.info/us/audio-forum/ ? I use their products for video and the blokes in the forum are usually very helpful and knoweldgeable.

Thanks CS, that's very helpful.
Zukan

Postby job » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:07 am

Have you tried a compatibility mode? Worth a shot if not. I have a game that won't install in 10 but works fine with xp compatibility. Right click the installer > properties > compatibility.
job
Regular

Postby Smellthevalve » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:53 pm

I've got sound forge to install on Win 10, did have a problem though with an older Sony app install which was sorted by going into control panel / features and turning .net framework 3.5.1 on
Smellthevalve
Regular

Postby Peevy » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:03 pm

Zukan

If you’re on Soundforge 10, have you considered taking advantage of this offer:

https://www.magix.com/index.php?id=2473 ... S_48_spsut" target="phpbbpopup" target="phpbbpopup" target="phpbbpopup

… which includes a full version of Soundforge pro 11?

It would give you the latest version and perhaps work better with Windows 10?
Peevy
Poster

Postby Zukan » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:49 am

Jeanie wrote:Zukan

If you’re on Soundforge 10, have you considered taking advantage of this offer:

https://www.magix.com/index.php?id=2473 ... S_48_spsut" target="phpbbpopup" target="phpbbpopup" target="phpbbpopup

… which includes a full version of Soundforge pro 11?

It would give you the latest version and perhaps work better with Windows 10?

Great deal but I was hoping not to have to spend any more money. Down to 3 organs.
Zukan

Postby Zukan » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:49 am

job wrote:Have you tried a compatibility mode? Worth a shot if not. I have a game that won't install in 10 but works fine with xp compatibility. Right click the installer > properties > compatibility.

Good call.. I'll try that, thanks.
Zukan

Postby Zukan » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:47 pm

Ok, so I received this from Magix support:

Dear Eddie,

Thank you for your message.
I am surprised that nobody respond to your previous email. If you want, please send me the ticket number of your previous support request, I will figure out what happened.
Back to your question, according to the error message you send me, I believe that is an issue that associated with your system. The window behind "Download was corrupted" error message indicates it is downloading some Microsoft component but stuck.
Instructions below should solve this problem:
13. MICROSOFT .NET FRAMEWORK

Try repairing all versions Microsoft .NET Framework on your system.

Go to the Windows Control Panel and open "Programs and Features". Click each version of Microsoft .NET Framework then "Uninstall" then "Repair". Windows 7 users can use the .NET Framework Repair Tool.

If that doesn't help then you can try removing and reinstalling them. You can download .NET Framework installers from here.

See this article for more help and other options for repairing .NET Framework.

Although .NET Framework 3.5 is not required for VEGAS Pro 12, 13, 14 or 15, it might be required for some legacy applications or plugins, but it is not automatically installed with Windows 8, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10. See this articlefor help installing/enabling it.

14. MICROSOFT VISUAL C++

Try repairing all versions of Microsoft Visual C++ on your system.

Go to the Windows Control Panel and open "Programs and Features". Click each version of Microsoft Visual C++ then "Uninstall" then "Repair".

If that doesn't help then you can try removing and reinstalling them. You can download Visual C++ installers from here.

When I click on Control Panel Programs and Features there are no .net frameworks visible?

Zukan

Postby Agharta » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:03 pm

Why not just download it direct from MS and install it? It might alert you to a version already being present during the installation process.
Agharta
Frequent Poster (Level2)