You are here

In utter need of a quality audio engineer friend

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

In utter need of a quality audio engineer friend

Postby jakejessee » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:47 am

I have no friends.
I have no interest in having friends.
All I care about is music.
I am creative and skilled in my ability to bring visions outside of myself.
I have heart failure and cannot work, so I’m broke as the most sick joke.

I just started making music this time last year, and while I’m not at all bad at engineering my creations, they aren’t shining like I need them to be. The technical stuff is really holding me back and slowing down my flow. I cannot afford to be slowed down, remember? Heart failure...yeah...

The music I am making is along the lines of lofi, chill, relaxing, hip hop, experimental.

Could there possibly be anyone interested in helping me out with some simple, quality sound engineering? Or at least be a friend that will receive bounces of songs I’ve engineered myself and help to steer me more in the right direction?

I don’t have the highest hopes that there is, but hey, you never know I suppose.
I promise you will never find a person more grateful, and when I happen to attain some funds, I will absolutely throw something your way.

I have all the Waves plug ins and most of Izotope’s.
I use Logic Pro X.

Energy,
Jake
jakejessee

Re: In utter need of a quality audio engineer friend

Postby Sam Inglis » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:22 am

Hi Jake,

Welcome to the forum! Glad you've found us and I'm sorry to hear you've been struggling. It can be a long road.

When you say you're struggling with the engineering, are you talking about pointing microphones at things? Or are you referring to mixing?

If the former then I'm sure there are lots of people who'd be happy to help out, but you might have to wait until the current social distancing rules have been relaxed, because that sort of engineering generally requires people to be in the same room.

If the latter, do feel free to send in one of your tracks to our Mix Rescue column and we'll see if we can help out. PM me or contact sam AT soundonsound DOT com.

Either way, feel free to ask specific questions on this forum and you'll get plenty of good advice.

cheers
Sam
Sam Inglis
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby Chet Leeway » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:05 pm

SOS have a dedicated Logic column every week, and they're available on the website 6 months after publishing, so there's a huge amount of tips to work through there. Look for "Logic, tips and techniques".

https://www.soundonsound.com/search/art ... erms=logic

You may want to post your tracks on somewhere like kvraudio.com's music café, and you'll get tips and ideas on your tracks, especially if you try to do the same for others. You may be able to find someone there with similar interests as you in terms of music style and who would be interested in exchanging thoughts and collaborate.
Chet Leeway
Regular

Postby blinddrew » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:20 pm

I'd also recommend Mike Senior's books: Recording Secrets for the Small Studio and the companion Mixing Secrets.
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby Arpangel » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:15 pm

Please post some of your music on Soundcloud or similar, or start a Band Camp account, when you’re confident enough about your music.
I’d like to hear some Clips, I’m also into lo-fi Hip Hop, so may be able to give you some feedback.
Arpangel
Frequent Poster (Level2)
https://anthonyflynn.bandcamp.com/album/toy-town