You are here

Having trouble starting or finishing your tracks?

Announce new products, updates, events, competitions, jobs and special offers here.

Having trouble starting or finishing your tracks?

Postby makrsamples » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:11 pm

Hey guys.

Here's an article I wrote with 80/20 rule techniques for starting and finishing tracks.

I know a lot of people out there struggle with this. Even strong producers get this.

And it's because it's a problem associated with non-technical skills like time management and productivity.

I think as producers, we naturally gravitate toward technical knowledge without thinking about other aspects of production. But those other areas of knowledge are just as important.

This technique utilizes what's known as the 80/20 rule to provide a basic framework I use to focus on the most important parts of a production session. That way I don't suffer from decision paralysis and can make well-thought-out creative decisions.

Let me know if you find this useful!
makrsamples
New here

Re: Having trouble starting or finishing your tracks?

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:23 pm

Welcome to the SOS forum, 'Makr' and I'm sure our forum members will appreciate all you have to offer... but perhaps you'd like to share your wisdom within the forum here, rather than abuse our hospitality to drive visits to your own website. That's really not acceptable I'm afraid.

H
Hugh Robjohns
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound