You are here

Embertone Intimate Strings LITE installation (no dll. or exe. file)

For anything relating to music-making on Windows computers, with lots of FAQs. Moderated by Martin Walker.

Moderator: Moderators

Embertone Intimate Strings LITE installation (no dll. or exe. file)

Postby seriousnewbie » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:58 pm

(Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this, I didn't know what other forum to use.)

So I recently downloaded a plugin "Embertone Intimate Strings LITE", and I can't seem to get it to show up in my DAW. It was downloaded as a rar. file, and I extracted it using 7-zip, into my plugins folder that all of my other plugins are in. There is no dll. file, or exe. file. There is a documentation folder which is empty, a instruments folder with, well.. the instruments, and a samples folder with the wav. files. Then there is a file, ".DS_Store", "IntimateStrings_Info.nkc", and "IntimateStrings_Info.nkr". What are "nkc." and "nkr" files, and how can I get this plugin into my DAW?

I apologize if this question makes me sound like a grandpa that has never had a computer before, but for once, Google isn't helping :headbang: .

(solved, thanks for the help!)
seriousnewbie
Regular

Re: Embertone Intimate Strings LITE installation (no dll. or exe. file)

Postby Eddy Deegan » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:17 pm

What you've downloaded isn't a plugin... it's a Kontakt instrument. Checking their website it does say on the right, "Made for Kontakt 4.2.4+" and in the Technical Specs section below it says "Note: Native Instruments Kontakt version 4.2 or later full retail versions required."

Kontakt runs as a plugin of course, but Embertone Intimate Strings LITE aren't, and they need it to work!
Eddy Deegan
Some of my works | The SOS Forum Album projects

Postby seriousnewbie » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:29 pm

Eddy Deegan wrote:What you've downloaded isn't a plugin... it's a Kontakt instrument. Checking their website it does say on the right, "Made for Kontakt 4.2.4+" and in the Technical Specs section below it says "Note: Native Instruments Kontakt version 4.2 or later full retail versions required."

Kontakt runs as a plugin of course, but Embertone Intimate Strings LITE aren't, and they need it to work!

:headbang: oops... my bad. Thank you for the help!
seriousnewbie
Regular

Postby Agharta » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:36 pm

Just to be 100% clear, what it says is:

"Made for Kontakt 4.2.4+ (NOT Kontakt Player)".

So it doesn't work in the free Kontakt Player, so you need the paid full version of Kontakt which has a full price of well over £200.
Agharta
Jedi Poster

Postby seriousnewbie » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:42 pm

Agharta wrote:Just to be 100% clear, what it says is:

"Made for Kontakt 4.2.4+ (NOT Kontakt Player)".

So it doesn't work in the free Kontakt Player, so you need the paid full version of Kontakt which has a full price of well over £200.

Thank you for the help. The main reason I automatically thought it was a plugin was because it was listed in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKwgF1s_EEQ
seriousnewbie
Regular

Postby seriousnewbie » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:44 pm

Alright, I have no idea how this became another post :D , this is getting embarrassing
seriousnewbie
Regular