You are here

Now Euro box.

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Moderator: Moderators

Now Euro box.

Postby Arpangel » Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:21 am

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1489867

After much thought, this is how it’s ended up, and I’m half way there, I thought there’s no point in replicating what a I have in another format, so this is how it looks when I don’t compromise, it’s a sort of hybrid digital semi-Buchla vibe, and unlike my previous rack, all the modules are available now.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Re: Now Euro box.

Postby The Elf » Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:24 am

Take us through it, mate. I have no idea what any of those things do!

(FWIW I have a handful of very simple modules on order and a Cre8audio NiftyCASE) - part of my 'Frankensynth'!)
The Elf
Jedi Poster
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Postby Ben Asaro » Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:17 pm

Wow, zero room for expansion there. Given your predilection for changing your mind, perhaps 9U would be a better idea? Or are you planning on stacking a skiff on top?
Ben Asaro
Frequent Poster

Postby Ben Asaro » Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:22 pm

The Elf wrote:
(FWIW I have a handful of very simple modules on order and a Cre8audio NiftyCASE) - part of my 'Frankensynth'!)
Beginning of the end! :D

Do make a more detailed thread, definitely want to hear more!
Ben Asaro
Frequent Poster

Postby Arpangel » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:46 pm

Sorry folks, been up a Willow tree with a chain saw all day, I feel I can concentrate now.
Yes, irs a chaos box, really, chaos comes from the Jupiter Storm and Noise Swash, which are further modulated by the sample and hold and random modules, Maths provides added oscillators, and two LFO's/attenuators for me.
The Kermit is very special, I played a gig once where it was my only oscillator, truly mind blowing.
I think the rest is sort of self explanatory, I was tempted by those Behringer 2500 modules, especially the random S&H module, but they are heavy on real estate,
I’ll try and post a pic at some point, of the actual rack, and see if it turns out like it is now!
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Postby Arpangel » Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:50 pm

I can’t move forward with this at all, I’ve decided on a Mantis case, gives me more options for positioning, but they just aren’t available for weeks, in the colour I want, also the modules, Behringer are quoting August, lots of things seem to be held up at the moment, it’s very frustrating.,
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Postby Agharta » Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:09 pm

I clicked and got the message: "Invalid rack".
There's probably a joke in there about plastic surgery and bras.
Agharta
Jedi Poster

Postby The Elf » Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:13 pm

Delivery date for my 2500 system is August. No problem - I'll go write some tunes until it arrives. I've lived without it until now! :lol:
The Elf
Jedi Poster

Postby Arpangel » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:52 pm

Agharta wrote:

I clicked and got the message: "Invalid rack".
There's probably a joke in there about plastic surgery and bras.

Yeah, I’ll post another link, I’ve made a few changes, owing to short supply of Euro at the moment.

The Elf wrote:Delivery date for my 2500 system is August. No problem - I'll go write some tunes until it arrives. I've lived without it until now! :lol:

Elf, hold fire, I’m not getting good reports about these modules, first off the System 100 oscillators tuning was bad, now I’m hearing about the 2500 modules being poorly screened, humming.
I’m sure these are early run issues, but it doesn’t inspire confidence, here’s hoping.
I’m giving up right now, I can’t seem to buy anything new that I need.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Postby The Elf » Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:54 pm

That's OK. I'll try them out and make my own decision. If they're not up to my standards then back they will go. I don't mind a little hum and noise. :D
The Elf
Jedi Poster

Postby Arpangel » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:42 pm

The Elf wrote:That's OK. I'll try them out and make my own decision. If they're not up to my standards then back they will go. I don't mind a little hum and noise. :D

Yes, I’ve specced a Berry System 100 oscillator in my rack, I’ll see how that goes, if and when I get it.
I’m putting all my modules in a box in storage for awhile, I just can’t get anything I want, I’ll wait until the market gets back to normal.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Postby Arpangel » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:18 am

Just had a really quick reply from Tip Top, looks like their cases are coming in mid April, at least they got back to me.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster