You are here

Sound quality difference btwn, logic/apogee + protools 8 le

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

Re: Sound quality difference btwn, logic/apogee + protools 8 le

Postby deadman » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:36 pm

The Elf wrote:+1

A forum is a place for discussion. It is not anyone’s ‘service-level-guaranteed’ personal help line. Ask for help, but don’t *demand* it.

A forum is not a place to demand personalised, targeted answers to your specific problem. Ask, by all means, but be gracious. People are giving their time, knowledge and skills for free. Accept that respondents might not always give you the answer you want to hear. Some will misunderstand – provide guidance. Some will suggest alternatives – be considerate of such suggestions. Others will simply take the chance to answer (or ask) a different question – be accepting.

If the answers here aren’t to your liking, then go elsewhere. I think you’ll find some of those other places far less forgiving.

I suggest a couple of apologies are in order, then maybe you’ll get more advice, If not, then I, for one, hope that everyone considers this thread dead.

No-one MAKES you respond to a thread mate, or are you controlled completely by your desperate need to communicate even if it's irrelevant??? appologise? me? are you joking? Get a life and go answer some questions you know the answer to, if there are any.
deadman
Poster

Postby johnny h » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:53 pm

deadman wrote:I asked a simple question and got bollox replies, the Ableton quote was the OPPOSITE of what i said which proved he didn't even read it, so WHY POST!!!!???? i agreed with the other guy and thanked him because HE'S IS THE ONLY PERSON WHO HAS REPLIED WITH THE EXPERIENCED OPINION I ASKED FOR!!! the ONLY one! out of all the posts, it's YOUR unhelpful timewasting crap that has ruined this thread, it was not me, get a life and stop replying to peoples questions when you have NO ANSWERS for them!! loser!

I just scanned all the caps in this post so I couldn't be bothered to read it. Its surely just a sad angry-man whinge.

Nobody wants to help people with no manners. Give your caps lock a rest, see a therapist and work through your anger problems. Come back when you've learnt some rudimentary social skills.
johnny h
Jedi Poster

Postby Studio Support Gnome » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:01 pm

or not..... indeed, bye bye.....
Studio Support Gnome
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Now available for consultations and audio engineering jobs .  Also guitar tech work , and “rent-a-shredder” sessions .  Oxfordshire based but can and will travel .  Email maxtech.audio@me.com

Postby Zukan » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:04 pm

Zukan

Postby 4TrackMadman » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:09 am

Overall what I've seen from PT in terms of audio interface and converters has been lower quality than similarly priced units from other companies. I am not sure exactly in your specific scenario but I am willing to bet that the RME/Apogee would be better quality that the 03.

If you don't like the midi in Logic - why not give Digital Performer a try? I found that to be the most robust app for midi out there. With their crossgrade package you'd only spend $350 I think.
4TrackMadman
Frequent Poster
http://www.descentintomadness.com

Postby desmond » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:43 am

I must remember this conversational approach next time I'm at a dinner party.

I'm sure it will work just as well in real life as it obviously does on the interwebs...

The guy does have a point about Logic though - I think there are some great things it could do to improve parts of the sequencer, especially for this style of programming.

Unfortunately, of late, everything seems very audio-focused...
desmond
Jedi Poster
mu:zines | music magazine archive | difficultAudio

Postby MadManDan » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:06 am

deadman wrote:
The Elf wrote:+1

A forum is a place for discussion. It is not anyone’s ‘service-level-guaranteed’ personal help line. Ask for help, but don’t *demand* it.

A forum is not a place to demand personalised, targeted answers to your specific problem. Ask, by all means, but be gracious. People are giving their time, knowledge and skills for free. Accept that respondents might not always give you the answer you want to hear. Some will misunderstand – provide guidance. Some will suggest alternatives – be considerate of such suggestions. Others will simply take the chance to answer (or ask) a different question – be accepting.

If the answers here aren’t to your liking, then go elsewhere. I think you’ll find some of those other places far less forgiving.

I suggest a couple of apologies are in order, then maybe you’ll get more advice, If not, then I, for one, hope that everyone considers this thread dead.

No-one MAKES you respond to a thread mate, or are you controlled completely by your desperate need to communicate even if it's irrelevant??? appologise? me? are you joking? Get a life and go answer some questions you know the answer to, if there are any.

deadman wrote:I asked a simple question and got bollox replies, the Ableton quote was the OPPOSITE of what i said which proved he didn't even read it, so WHY POST!!!!???? i agreed with the other guy and thanked him because HE'S IS THE ONLY PERSON WHO HAS REPLIED WITH THE EXPERIENCED OPINION I ASKED FOR!!! the ONLY one! out of all the posts, it's YOUR unhelpful timewasting crap that has ruined this thread, it was not me, get a life and stop replying to peoples questions when you have NO ANSWERS for them!! loser!

Wow ! Deadman, you really seem to get along well with people. What line of work are you in? You seem like one of those people who makes sure all your co-workers and superiors KNOW that YOU’RE in charge LOL
MadManDan
Frequent Poster

Late '14 mini 3 GHz i7 16 GB
Hi Sier 10.13.3. Glyph atomic. FF Scarlet 18i8. 
Sup Drum 3. Pro Tools 2019.6.0.  Cubase 10.5 Artist
iCon iKb 8x.  Mics, spkrs, 'phones, gtrs, greedy cat

Postby Steve Hill » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:23 am

I'm tempted to lock this now that the OP has, as it were, passed on. But does anyone know if any sequencer will actually solve the original question? I'm not at all convinced PT is the answer either. There may not be one?
Steve Hill
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby Richie Royale » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:53 am

Steve Hill wrote:I'm tempted to lock this now that the OP has, as it were, passed on. But does anyone know if any sequencer will actually solve the original question? I'm not at all convinced PT is the answer either. There may not be one?

I was thinking about this on my way to work and I think only a hardware sequencer would be able to do what the OP is looking for, but my exeprience of DAWs is limited. I thought of Numerology, but I don't think that would do what he wants.
Richie Royale
Jedi Poster
http://soundcloud.com/richie-royale 

Postby johnny h » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:07 pm

Steve Hill wrote:I'm tempted to lock this now that the OP has, as it were, passed on. But does anyone know if any sequencer will actually solve the original question? I'm not at all convinced PT is the answer either. There may not be one?

I don't think any sequencer would solve the problems of a man with those anger problems!

Cubase is pretty good for midi though.
johnny h
Jedi Poster

Postby Urthlupe » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:09 pm

None that I know of Steve.

Loopy
Urthlupe
Regular

Postby Stuart Churchill » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:00 pm

I'm no expert, but wouldn't a simple solution be to set recording time for a few dozen (or more) bars instead of looping for 2 bars. You could then pick out your best bits.
Stuart Churchill
Regular
Birthday Song 4 U. Personalised Birthday Songs

Postby jayzed » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:38 pm

I've only breezed through this lot but would Ultrabeat do what the OP needs?
I've not used UB in this way so I may be on the wrong track here.
The functionality required is drum machine rather than sequencer so if the UB in-built sequencer works in the manner required it would be a simple matter to record the sequence and then drag the MIDI into a track routed to whatever VI that was needed.
jayzed
Frequent Poster

Postby desmond » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:53 pm

No. You can't even real-time write into Ultrabeat, which I consider a major limitation of it, as I can play what I want about 10 times faster than I can click in the beats on numbered beat positions with the mouse. :frown:
desmond
Jedi Poster
mu:zines | music magazine archive | difficultAudio

Postby vinyl_junkie » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:39 pm

What about Native Instruments Maschine?
I was considering it my self but I'm no way selling my MPC which is rock solid for that..even If I won't use my MPC as much as I did in my production now I am migrating to a modern DAW it will be used for the live show's with my S-3200XL..I will not use a laptop live lol
vinyl_junkie
Frequent Poster

PreviousNext