You are here

OFF TOPIC: Urgent help needed.

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

OFF TOPIC: Urgent help needed.

Postby forumuser641856 » Tue May 06, 2008 7:35 pm

We need people who can visit certain music stores in London, Glasgow, Birminghham, Leeds, Manchester and Birmingham tomorrow morning for a very simple task.

You will be asked to count a handful of products and have the count statement signed by a representative there.

Naturally we will compensate the effort financially.
If you have a few minutes tomorrow morning (store opening time) and want to help us, please contact me at mpost@xs4all.nl or call me tomorrow morning at+31 6514 80781.
Thanks for your attention,
Michiel Post
forumuser641856
New here

Re: OFF TOPIC: Urgent help needed.

Postby Studio Support Gnome » Wed May 07, 2008 12:19 pm

Apologies Michiel, someone moved this , as it was reported as an advert by a user... ... so it was removed, without the mod responsible realising the significance in the context of current retail market happenings.

were I anywhere near one of the stores, I'd go round myself to do this for you... purely as a good deed.

I sincerely hope you get the help you need.

Best regards

Max
Studio Support Gnome
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Now available for consultations and audio engineering jobs .  Also guitar tech work , and “rent-a-shredder” sessions .  Oxfordshire based but can and will travel .  Email maxtech.audio@me.com

Postby John Willett » Wed May 07, 2008 12:31 pm

I can guess what this is all about.

Good luck, I hope this does not end up being too expensive for you.
John Willett
Jedi Poster
John
Sound-Link ProAudio
Circle Sound Services
President - Federation Internationale des Chasseurs de Sons

Postby _.jk._ » Wed May 07, 2008 5:09 pm

What is this about? Everyone seems to know but me! Is it a secret?

James
_.jk._
Regular

Postby The Korff » Wed May 07, 2008 5:15 pm

I think it's to do with a music retail company that will be shutting its remaining shops soon, and I'm guessing PMI would like to know what will be behind those gates when they're shut...

Good luck Michiel,

Chris
The Korff
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby _.jk._ » Wed May 07, 2008 5:22 pm

Ah right, I'd help but I'm in Leicester!

James
_.jk._
Regular

Postby John Willett » Wed May 07, 2008 5:28 pm

Korff wrote:I think it's to do with a music retail company that will be shutting its remaining shops soon, and I'm guessing PMI would like to know what will be behind those gates when they're shut...

Good luck Michiel,

Chris

I think so - goods supplied but not paid for can still legally belong to the supplier - so he needs bods to go and confirm what stock is in each branch so that can agree with the receiver what belongs to the dealer and what to the supplier.

Every manufacturer / distributor is doing this.
John Willett
Jedi Poster
John
Sound-Link ProAudio
Circle Sound Services
President - Federation Internationale des Chasseurs de Sons

Postby Studio Support Gnome » Wed May 07, 2008 6:05 pm

But it's especially difficult for small operations that have no significant UK "real world" presence...

they stand to get shafted purely because of the difficulty in assessing what they should be demanding from the administrators of the insolvency.... very difficult position to be in...

anyone reading this who can help.... if it's still neeeded...

please do..

likewise... I think it's agreed on principle, that as a matter of policy, in this particular circumstance, this sort of post for help , from the smaller players who stand to get shafted thru the lack of effective on the ground UK based representatives, will NOT be deemed an advert ... for the time being.... (when the dust all settles, and it';s no longer critical, we'll probably move such threads out in to cold storage... )

Any other " small" operators , not in a position to effect an audit of their outstanding stock in the hands of the sound control group administrators, are welcome to post here at SOS to ask for such help.

Please don't abuse that by adding any promotional aspects.... and I would hope that SOS members who do help out, do not abuse the responsibility or trust either... if you see what i mean

presumably the administrators will be setting deadlines for creditors and suppliers to submit their claims by....

so time is probably of the essence chaps.

I'll call Ian about whether some sort of formal sticky thing is in order..
Studio Support Gnome
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Now available for consultations and audio engineering jobs .  Also guitar tech work , and “rent-a-shredder” sessions .  Oxfordshire based but can and will travel .  Email maxtech.audio@me.com

Postby desmond » Wed May 07, 2008 6:28 pm

Max! wrote:this sort of post for help , from the smaller players who stand to get shafted thru the lack of effective on the ground UK based representatives, will NOT be deemed an advert

Of course it's not an advert - I don't see how in any way it could be interpreted as such...
desmond
Jedi Poster

Postby Studio Support Gnome » Wed May 07, 2008 6:31 pm

well someone did.. (not me) and used the Notify Mod/sos system to say so.... and to be fair, "job" adverts on a commercial basis are counted as ads .... SOS do after all sell space in the magazine and site for that purpose....

this is however a special case... and relates only to the current situation....
Studio Support Gnome
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby monosyllabic » Wed May 07, 2008 9:29 pm

Kempo wrote:Ah right, I'd help but I'm in Leicester!

James

Are you studying music technology at Demontford or Leicester University? I'm from down that way originally and know a few people studying music technology in Leicester.
monosyllabic
Poster

Postby Mike Craig » Wed May 07, 2008 9:59 pm

I assumed it had something to do with Michiel's company being bought out by Sampletekk.

Press Release

Post Musical Instruments and SampleTekk announce friendly take-over.

SampleTekk, a well known Swedish producer of sample libraries, has acquired the exclusive rights over all sample libraries of its successful Amsterdam based competitor Post Musical Instruments. Post Musical Instruments is the producer of several award winning piano, church organ and historical sample libraries. SampleTekk produced several amazing sample libraries like the TBO, 7CG, Black Grand and White Grand. This step makes SampleTekk the largest piano sample company in the world with a collection of more than 30 high quality products.

The owner of SampleTekk, Per Larsson, said: "We are incredibly lucky that we got this chance to sell PMI’s pianos. We have always looked at PMI’s pianos as the “opposite side of the coin” compared to our own products, and SampleTekk and PMI products complement each other in a great way. We the combined strength of these sampled pianos, we feel that we cover all ground when it comes to piano sound. From classical to contemporary.”

Michiel Post, owner of Post Musical Instruments, adds: "SampleTekk is a natural choice for our sounds. SampleTekk is highly respected, has a very high quality and have the perfect position bring the next level of success. The market for sample libraries is a highly competitive one and only the larger companies survive. With this takeover SampleTekk becomes the biggest supplier of high quality piano samples, which is better for everybody."
Mike Craig
Regular

Postby forumuser641856 » Thu May 08, 2008 11:44 am

Hi all,
First of all I whish to thank the forum admin who has picked up this issue with a separate topic that will help many other suppliers who are affected by the SC-group tragedy. A great initiative and a perfect example of how a great community like SOS Forum can help all parties.

Yes, we need people (currently in Bristol, Birmingham, Leeds City and Manchester Salford) to visit a store and count product representing our company. This is for us the only way to (partly) secure our ownership over delivered goods. It's really a simple action, the law requires that someone not employed by the SC-Group is physically there and can sign for the count.
Again, please contact me if you can help us out. mpost@xs4all.nl or +3120 4041 687.

Thanks again for all the help we can get!
forumuser641856
New here

Postby Parker Fly » Thu May 08, 2008 12:21 pm

Michiel Post (PMI) wrote:Hi all,
First of all I whish to thank the forum admin who has picked up this issue with a separate topic that will help many other suppliers who are affected by the SC-group tragedy. A great initiative and a perfect example of how a great community like SOS Forum can help all parties.

Yes, we need people (currently in Bristol, Birmingham, Leeds City and Manchester Salford) to visit a store and count product representing our company. This is for us the only way to (partly) secure our ownership over delivered goods. It's really a simple action, the law requires that someone not employed by the SC-Group is physically there and can sign for the count.
Again, please contact me if you can help us out. mpost@xs4all.nl or +3120 4041 687.

Thanks again for all the help we can get!

A point that you have probably already considered, but, a huge amount of stock (particularly software) isn't on show, it's generally held in the storeroom at SC. I can speak specifically about Birmingham, knowing the store reasonably well.
Parker Fly
Regular

Postby _.jk._ » Thu May 08, 2008 6:09 pm

I am yes, Just finishing up my final year, who do you know?

James
_.jk._
Regular