You are here

Sound Devices MixPre-10M

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Re: Sound Devices MixPre-10M

Postby John Willett » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:07 pm

george_vel wrote:Well, meanwhile I got feedback from Thomann - "... Due to bad margin, we will not offer Sound Devices in future." :-(

This is actually good news for the consumer - it means that SD do not inflate the prices so the dealer makes a massive margin and then discounts it into the ground.

It means that SD have a sensible margin for dealers who then sell at a sensible price - and likely no more than if the price had been inflated and discounted.

There are quite a few professional equipment manufacturers who prefer to keep their equipment out of Thomann.
John Willett
Jedi Poster
John
Sound-Link ProAudio
Circle Sound Services
Sound-Link are UK Distributors for: Microtech Gefell, ME-Geithain, AETA, HUM, Håkan, Meyer Turtle

Postby george_vel » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:48 pm

John Willett wrote:
george_vel wrote:Well, meanwhile I got feedback from Thomann - "... Due to bad margin, we will not offer Sound Devices in future." :-(

This is actually good news for the consumer - it means that SD do not inflate the prices so the dealer makes a massive margin and then discounts it into the ground.

It means that SD have a sensible margin for dealers who then sell at a sensible price - and likely no more than if the price had been inflated and discounted.

There are quite a few professional equipment manufacturers who prefer to keep their equipment out of Thomann.

I am not saying it is bad or good news - your explanation sounds convincing.

I am just planning to buy couple of things from Thomann soon (studio monitors and interface, isolation pads, cables and headphones) and wanted to combine the purchase with SD Premix, so I can save on shipping costs, as I am 1500 km from Germany. I am already their customer and so far I was pleased with their service, but now will look for another reseller.
george_vel
Regular

Postby Sam Spoons » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:04 am

IIRC Thomann do free carriage within the EU for orders over €200. So I guess you are outside the EU?
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........

Postby george_vel » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:16 am

Sam Spoons wrote:IIRC Thomann do free carriage within the EU for orders over €200. So I guess you are outside the EU?
I am in EU, but from Bulgaria and to my country Thomann ships for free above 500 EUR.
Anyway, if they don’t offer SD anymore, I should buy it from someone else and should pay the shipping.

Most of the resellers on SD site are small local stores and usually do not ship worldwide. And the website of the only one in my country looks terrible. :-)

I guess I’ll use Amazon at the end.
george_vel
Regular

Postby Sam Spoons » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:24 am

Good luck with it, it looks like a great piece of kit......
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........

Postby Paul Isaacs » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:56 am

The MixPre-10M is now shipping.

The beautiful sounding, portable 8ch mic pre, 12-channel multi-track, USB audio interface and mixer that allows you to lay down your music creations anywhere without tech getting in the way. You'll be surprised how easy it is to bring your ideas to life. I've never been more musically prolific since I started playing with this. OK ... I'm biased - but just want to share the joy! User guide here ...

http://cdn.sounddevices.com/download/gu ... 10M-UG.pdf" target="phpbbpopup

BTW - the Music Plugin for MixPre-3, 6, and 10T is due in May.

Paul
Paul Isaacs
Poster
Paul Isaacs
Sound Devices LLC

Previous