You are here

Using Pianoteq 6 in Mainstage 3 - how? Help please!!!

For current or would-be users of Apple Mac computers, with answers to many FAQs.

Using Pianoteq 6 in Mainstage 3 - how? Help please!!!

Postby keelbolt » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:18 pm

I have the demo of Pianoteq 6 and Pianoteq 6 Stage, and am using Mainstage (or trying to - new to it). I want to Mainstage to use Pianoteq, but I've searched online for the whole afternoon but haven't found how to import Pianoteq into Mainstage. I am using iMac, High Sierra, and a midi controller (Nord Stage 3).

I'm stumped. I've googled 'import Pianoteq 6 into Mainstage', and every variant I can think of, but so far, nothing has shown me how. So I'm asking for help....

KB
keelbolt
Poster

Re: Using Pianoteq 6 in Mainstage 3 - how? Help please!!!

Postby desmond » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:33 pm

There is no "import" process with AU plugins. Simply install it, and it should show up as an instrument plugin in all hosts that support AU plugins, and selected in the same way as any other instrument plugin (and the same procedure as Logic).
desmond
Jedi Poster

Re: Using Pianoteq 6 in Mainstage 3 - how? Help please!!!

Postby Guido3 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:48 pm

In Mainstage click File and New. Double click on Keyboard. This will open a ‘Untitled Concert’ of an electric piano patch. On the right of the screen you will see the mixer view showing all the patches and FX used on that particular patch. On the first channel, click in the right hand side of the input box (E.Piano plug in in this case). This will bring up all the Logic plug ins and any additional ones you have installed on your Mac. Move your curser over AU Instruments and select Modartt and Pianoteq should be able to be selected (Stereo or Mono). When selected the Pianoteq UI should appear.

Now you can use Pianoteq as normal within Mainstage.

Don’t forget to Save the patch so you can come back to it later.
Guido3
Regular
And Bagpuss, once he was asleep, was just a saggy old cloth cat.