You are here

Multiband compressor questions

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

Re: Multiband compressor questions

Postby GS1 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:26 pm

I meant actually the high threshold/low ratio combination producing minimal compression on the second level of processing...
My set-up doesn't allow the attack/release + a knee adjustments on the mastering compressor,just for the input one so anything I do has to work in terms of those as a given preset sets them...
Appreciate again the discussion of these specific aspects of compressing the mix in terms of overall dynamic effect and how to get things to have a relatively transparent result where things sound as unprocessed as possible while actually using quite a bit of it...
GS1
Poster

Postby GS1 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:45 pm

Another thing I'd be interested in in the context of the overall topic focus is how different threshold/ ratio combinations affect things I.e.high threshold/low ratio setting up minimal compression,low threshold/high ratio =maximum effect etc
I have some info about this but finding out about actual peoples experience w/it would continue to help me develop a sense of things..in terms of general principles to apply independent of specific input dB/amount of compression resulting in x dB of gain reduction etc...

I remember from looking at the C4 manual that instead of threshold adjustment you specify range(I.e.amount of dB reduction)/ratio ..which sets up the threshold automatically if I'm understanding this ...

GS1
Poster

Postby My Own Silence » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:37 am

Just out of curiosity GS1 what compressor are you using?
My Own Silence
Regular

Postby GS1 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:55 pm

See first thread post which explains current set-up....
GS1
Poster

Previous