You are here

Logic X files

For current or would-be users of Apple Mac computers, with answers to many FAQs.

Logic X files

Postby Guido3 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:25 pm

I hoping Desmond might be able chip in with this one as he is the resident Logic expert.

I have bought a new MBP and rather than do what I usual do (clone the drives) I have done a fresh install of everything I need. However, I need to pull some of my Logic files over to the new machine.

I have an image of my old MBA drive on an external HDD so in theory it should be a fairly simple task. There are some audio files and some general program files to move over. Which bits need to be transferred and where do I find them?

Cheers.
User avatar
Guido3
Regular
Posts: 497
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:00 am
Location: Leicestershire
And Bagpuss, once he was asleep, was just a saggy old cloth cat.

Re: Logic X files

Postby desmond » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:34 pm

Guido3 wrote:I hoping Desmond might be able chip in with this one as he is the resident Logic expert.

I heard the batphone go off.. ;)

Guido3 wrote:However, I need to pull some of my Logic files over to the new machine.

What files? Projects?

Guido3 wrote:I have an image of my old MBA drive on an external HDD so in theory it should be a fairly simple task. There are some audio files and some general program files to move over. Which bits need to be transferred and where do I find them?

If you've installed Logic, and the factory content, (and whatever third-party plugins you use, if any) then the only other things you need are *your* files - so, any presets/plugin settings you've made, EXS instruments, third-party impulse responses, that kind of thing, together with your projects and audio files if they are in a different place. And wherever your sample libraries are.

For Logic, the user stuff will generally be (unless you've aliased it elsewhere) in:

~/Library/Application Support/Logic/
~/Music/Audio Music Apps/
~/Library/Audio/Presets

Oh, and you'll likely need your prefs:
~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.logic10.plist
~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.logic.pro.cs

And perhaps your plugin manager database if you've organised your plugins...

(They are all within your user/home folder, that's what "~" means...)
User avatar
desmond
Jedi Poster
Posts: 8819
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:00 am

Re: Logic X files

Postby Guido3 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:29 pm

Most excellent.

I’ve installed all plugin content/plugins etc..... I just need my project data which should be where you say. I’ll have a fiddle tonight.

Thanks Desmond
User avatar
Guido3
Regular
Posts: 497
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:00 am
Location: Leicestershire
And Bagpuss, once he was asleep, was just a saggy old cloth cat.

Re: Logic X files

Postby Guido3 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:33 pm

Desmond,

All sorted and working a treat. Pint in the post.

Cheers.

Guy
User avatar
Guido3
Regular
Posts: 497
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:00 am
Location: Leicestershire
And Bagpuss, once he was asleep, was just a saggy old cloth cat.

Re: Logic X files

Postby blinddrew » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:45 pm

One of these days Desmond is going to call in all the pints he's owed and he'll never need to open his wallet in a pub again. :D
User avatar
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Posts: 7920
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:00 am
Location: York
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Re: Logic X files

Postby desmond » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:50 pm

Guido3 wrote:All sorted and working a treat.

Great! Thanks for posting back with the outcome.

blinddrew wrote:One of these days Desmond is going to call in all the pints he's owed and he'll never need to open his wallet in a pub again. :D

It's Ok, I'm not much of a drinker anyways... :lol:
User avatar
desmond
Jedi Poster
Posts: 8819
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:00 am

Re: Logic X files

Postby Guido3 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:51 pm

I hope he has a replacement liver on order then!!! :thumbup:
User avatar
Guido3
Regular
Posts: 497
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:00 am
Location: Leicestershire
And Bagpuss, once he was asleep, was just a saggy old cloth cat.

Re: Logic X files

Postby desmond » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:57 pm

Maybe I should get a Starbucks reward card people can contribute to... ;) :lol:
User avatar
desmond
Jedi Poster
Posts: 8819
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:00 am


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users