You are here

Komplete is Blacklisted after upgrade to Cubase10

For anything relating to music-making on Windows computers, with lots of FAQs. Moderated by Martin Walker.

Komplete is Blacklisted after upgrade to Cubase10

Postby OneWorld » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:40 pm

I have just been jumping about with glee after having successfully upgraded to Cubase10 and then I find out my Komplete10 won't work as Cubase10 "No Longer supports 32-bit plugins" so does that means I have now several £100's of software that is rendered useless, that's apart from all the projects that are locked into Komplete?

Well thanks Steinberg, thanks for nothing

Does Reaper supports 32 bit because I sometimes lose patience with Cubase, I am seriously thinking of making the jump, it'll be a big one of course but to sell software without telling the prospective buyer that most if not of their projects won't work any more and considerable investment in software all down the cludgy is not on, bang out of order
OneWorld
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Re: Komplete is Blacklisted after upgrade to Cubase10 - oops, wrong again

Postby OneWorld » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:51 pm

OneWorld wrote:I have just been jumping about with glee after having successfully upgraded to Cubase10 and then I find out my Komplete10 won't work as Cubase10 "No Longer supports 32-bit plugins" so does that means I have now several £100's of software that is rendered useless, that's apart from all the projects that are locked into Komplete?

Well thanks Steinberg, thanks for nothing

Does Reaper supports 32 bit because I sometimes lose patience with Cubase, I am seriously thinking of making the jump, it'll be a big one of course but to sell software without telling the prospective buyer that most if not of their projects won't work any more and considerable investment in software all down the cludgy is not on, bang out of order

I have now found much of my software is both 32bit and 64bit

However having a major problem - I use a 4K monitor, but for some reason Cubase10 is not showing any text in any of the menus, I click on the Menu header, which does have text, but the drop down lost has nothing but black white spaces
OneWorld
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Re: Komplete is Blacklisted after upgrade to Cubase10

Postby blinddrew » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:57 pm

Reaper will support 32bit plug-ins, doesn't sit quite as neatly in the plug-in window but they do work.
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby James Perrett » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:01 pm

Reaper supports 32 bit plug-ins and also seems happy to exchange projects between 32 and 64 bit versions of the program.
James Perrett
JRP Music - Audio Mastering and Restoration. JRP Music Facebook Page

Postby CS70 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:13 am

Cakewalk does it pretty seamlessly, the only difference is that with 32 bit you have to manually click out of the plug GUI to use the DAW keyboard controls.
CS70
Jedi Poster
Silver Spoon - Check out our latest video  and the FB page

Postby The Elf » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:30 am

To be fair, the dropping of 32-bit in Cubase was way back in 2016, and there was a lot of fuss made over it back then and since. We've had plenty of time to find 64-bit alternatives by now.

If it really bother you, you could use jBridge, but if you're going to stick with Cubase(?), then I'd suggest weaning yourself off 32-bit.
The Elf
Jedi Poster
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Postby CS70 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:04 am

The Elf wrote:To be fair, the dropping of 32-bit in Cubase was way back in 2016, and there was a lot of fuss made over it back then and since. We've had plenty of time to find 64-bit alternatives by now.

If it really bother you, you could use jBridge, but if you're going to stick with Cubase(?), then I'd suggest weaning yourself off 32-bit.

It's not always an option, unfortunately. The wonderful VoS plugings are 32 bit and will stay that way (unless Herbert gets again interested, but I've been there myself and usually it doesn't happen). I would not give them up - and luckily I don't have to with Cakewalk :)
CS70
Jedi Poster
Silver Spoon - Check out our latest video  and the FB page

Postby The Elf » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:54 am

There are a few 32-bit plugs that I still sorely miss, as I also very much miss the ability to create feedback loops that Steinberg took away from me. :x

But you sigh, take a breath, and move on... :beamup:
The Elf
Jedi Poster

Postby fruitcake » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:31 am

Though I haven’t tried it yet, Vienna Ensemble Pro claims to be able to load both 32 and 64 bit plugs.
My main DAW is Digital Performer. I believe it was version 8 where you either had to launch as 32 or 64 bit. In version 10 also nor supported. At this point all my plugins are 64 bit so Its not an issue.
I’m still grumbling about the money I spent on TDM plugins... :evil:
fruitcake
Regular

Postby OneWorld » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:12 pm

The Elf wrote:There are a few 32-bit plugs that I still sorely miss, as I also very much miss the ability to create feedback loops that Steinberg took away from me. :x

But you sigh, take a breath, and move on... :beamup:

I have a much more serious problem now - when I click on a menu, the File Menu for example, the 'list' drops down but it isn't populated, it is as though there is white text on a white background. This problem is mentioned on the Steinberg forums by a lot of people, and amongst the 'fixes' suggested by Steinberg - use another monitor, yeah sure, when I have just laid out several £100's for a new 4K monitor.

I have tried having HiDPI both on an off, making sure the Win10 default system fonts are being used. It is the case now I want to go back to Cubase 8.5 but my 8.5 license on the dongle has been replaced by the Cubase 10 license, although the Cubase 6 licence remains.

Also the installation updated GrooveAgentSE and several VSTi and they too suffer from the menu problem, nothing displays so I have some projects that use GrooveAgentSE (I actually have the full version of GrooveAgent but prefer the SE version) is there any way I could roll back to the original version of GrooveAgentSE and the other updated VSTi's ?

If I could at least get my VSTl's back I could live with the Cubase10 problem, till they come up with a fix, but without the original VSTl's I am stuffed.

Is it possible to get a refund on software that is not fit for purpose, I paid using PayPal, I fear maybe not because how would I get my Cubase 8.5 licence back? I made an image of the PC before I did the Cubase10 upgrade but as I mentioned, the 8.5 licence has gone off my dongle
OneWorld
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby Rich Hanson » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:38 pm

All is not lost, your Cubase 10 license should allow you to run 8.5.
Rich Hanson
Frequent Poster

Postby The Elf » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:11 pm

Make sure you've updated your graphics drivers.

Also try trashing your Cubase preference files (there are notes on how to do this in Windows somewhere). The fact that you've done a big upgrade from an old [not -1] version might have broken something when it's tried to copy your settings from old to new.

Beyond that... try Cubase 9.5? Your 10 license will let you run any version you prefer.

These things are always fixable - just don't panic!
The Elf
Jedi Poster

Postby OneWorld » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:29 pm

Rich Hanson wrote:All is not lost, your Cubase 10 license should allow you to run 8.5.

It does but as I mentioned GrooveAgentSE, Retrologue etc have also been updated and they are suffering from the same problem - no text on the menus, even when running in Cubase 8.5 and I have looked over my system and sure enough, the older versions have gone
OneWorld
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby OneWorld » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:31 pm

The Elf wrote:Make sure you've updated your graphics drivers.

Also try trashing your Cubase preference files (there are notes on how to do this in Windows somewhere). The fact that you've done a big upgrade from an old [not -1] version might have broken something when it's tried to copy your settings from old to new.

Beyond that... try Cubase 9.5? Your 10 license will let you run any version you prefer.

These things are always fixable - just don't panic!

Trash the Cubase Preference files - how do I do that?

Yes I have updated all drivers, although I am beginning to suspect the graphics card although on the Steinberg site and Gearslutz that Cubase doesn't like NVIDIA cards, so sometime ago I swapped my graphics card out for Radeon/AMD a few years ago and had no problems till now.

On the Steinberg site it suggests turning off/on HiDPI, try a different monitor, try different resolutions, ensure the graphics are not an Intel(whatever) it isn't I have tried all those fixes and more - no fix

Are you suggesting I go out and buy Cubase 9.5 as well - sorry, I don't think so! or is it the case I can go to the Steinberg site and download 9.5?
OneWorld
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby The Elf » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:35 pm

Just download 9.5. With your C10 license you can run all previous versions.
The Elf
Jedi Poster

Postby OneWorld » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:38 pm

The Elf wrote:Just download 9.5. With your C10 license you can run all previous versions.

I might try that later, so I'll have Cubase 8.5, Cubase 9 and Cubase 10 all on the same computer! I'm fed up with it now, am going for a cuppa and sod it

Mind you, if I download Cubase8 and re-install it, it might well just put the older GrooveAgentSE etc back, I can live with C10 not working, a fix will come along one day, but I really need the VSTi's back, but seeing as I made an image of the PC before installing WIn10, I could revert to that image and the C10 will cover 8.5? worth a try
OneWorld
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby The Elf » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:39 pm

OneWorld wrote:Trash the Cubase Preference files - how do I do that?
As I mentioned, there are details somewhere on the web. I've done it myself long in the past. Try scouring the Steinberg forums, perhaps.

https://steinberg.help/cubase_pro_artist/v9/en/cubase_nuendo/topics/customizing/the_preferences_disabling_t.html

https://steinberg.help/cubase_pro_artist/v9/en/cubase_nuendo/topics/customizing/where_are_the_settings_stored_c.html
The Elf
Jedi Poster

Postby OneWorld » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:42 pm

The Elf wrote:
OneWorld wrote:Trash the Cubase Preference files - how do I do that?
As I mentioned, there are details somewhere on the web. I've done it myself long in the past. Try scouring the Steinberg forums, perhaps.

https://steinberg.help/cubase_pro_artist/v9/en/cubase_nuendo/topics/customizing/the_preferences_disabling_t.html

https://steinberg.help/cubase_pro_artist/v9/en/cubase_nuendo/topics/customizing/where_are_the_settings_stored_c.html

Right yep, yes I already tried that - starting in safe mode etc
OneWorld
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby IvanSC » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:46 pm

Nobody seems to have mentioned that, as you have a full licence for Komplete, you should be able to just download the 64 bit versions of everything from NI with no charge....

Cant help you with the rest of the problems but FWIW Reaper has (since version 1.xx for me) been the most stable and forgiving DAW I have ever used & I have (and still do) used a fair few.
IvanSC
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Let me share my recipe for Wabbit stew with you!

Postby OneWorld » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:20 pm

IvanSC wrote:Nobody seems to have mentioned that, as you have a full licence for Komplete, you should be able to just download the 64 bit versions of everything from NI with no charge....

Cant help you with the rest of the problems but FWIW Reaper has (since version 1.xx for me) been the most stable and forgiving DAW I have ever used & I have (and still do) used a fair few.

I had examined the blacklist and for whatever reason when I installed Komplete is installed both 32bit and 64bit, when I refreshed things, the 64bit stuff came back into view, the 32bit remaining blacklisted, no matter I didn't want 32bit anyway.

However I have a much more perplexing problem now. When I installed Cubase 10, none of the drop down menus were populated, just a blank white space. So I made sure my copy of Win10 was up to date, it wasn't so I updated it, wow, menus were as normal, problem fixed, or was it...............my ICON QCON stopped working, it fires up the faders all go back to zero but that's all that happens, I could see the activity lights for MIDI in/out working.

Also the pads on my Novation Launchpad work but do not light any more.

I had a reply from ICON and they pointed me to download some Korg software that strips out any semblance of any MIDI, but I have my MOXF, VirusTI, U-Control (which I have customised to control plugins) UAD, Liquid56, XV5050, XL1, Beatstep and I do not relish the thought of re-installing that lot, though I guess I'll have to seeing as my control surfaces don't work any more. But thanks anyway :-)
OneWorld
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Next