You are here

the latest Behringer-gate

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Re: the latest Behringer-gate

Postby DGL. » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:51 pm

...And Andertons are saying 11th Sep. price £399!, that's ~£170 cheaper than even the mini korg odyssey! (and ~£50 less than the module), but the Behringer has effects, a metal case, light up faders, has a built in arp/sequencer, has all 3 filters, is full size and has decent full size keys (assuming the same keys as the VC340/MS101).

https://www.andertons.co.uk/behringer-o ... ynthesizer
DGL.
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1154
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:00 am
Location: Portland, Dorset

Re: the latest Behringer-gate

Postby The Elf » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:19 pm

Even though I have the Korg full-size this is a stone cold 'take my money'. As long as it works as expected it's an absolute winner.
User avatar
The Elf
Jedi Poster
Posts: 14986
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2001 12:00 am
Location: Sheffield, UK
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Re: the latest Behringer-gate

Postby Arpangel » Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:29 pm

The Elf wrote:Even though I have the Korg full-size this is a stone cold 'take my money'. As long as it works as expected it's an absolute winner.

Absolutely, and at £399 it's just beyond belief, it's a question of why not? This is all getting really crazy now. If they've cracked it like the D, it's a no brainer.
User avatar
Arpangel
Jedi Poster
Posts: 5288
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2003 12:00 am

Re: the latest Behringer-gate

Postby The Elf » Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:54 pm

...and, for anyone that wonders, yes I *will* be getting the PSU mounted inside the case!

Behringer are usually pretty good on this point, but they've let me down with the Odyssey, for some reason.
User avatar
The Elf
Jedi Poster
Posts: 14986
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2001 12:00 am
Location: Sheffield, UK
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Re: the latest Behringer-gate

Postby DGL. » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:56 pm

Arpangel wrote:
The Elf wrote:Even though I have the Korg full-size this is a stone cold 'take my money'. As long as it works as expected it's an absolute winner.

Absolutely, and at £399 it's just beyond belief, it's a question of why not? This is all getting really crazy now. If they've cracked it like the D, it's a no brainer.

Although go to Thomann and it's only €432 which is £388 so even more of a no brainer. Plus it looks like it now has multicoloured LED's rather than the white one the prototypes had, I guessing to recreate the original fader caps.
DGL.
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1154
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:00 am
Location: Portland, Dorset

Re: the latest Behringer-gate

Postby Arpangel » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:25 pm

DGL. wrote:Plus it looks like it now has multicoloured LED's

How dare they come back with a Coup De Gras......the swines! how can I possibly resist!

:D
User avatar
Arpangel
Jedi Poster
Posts: 5288
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2003 12:00 am

Re: the latest Behringer-gate

Postby Folderol » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:45 pm

Not looking
Not listening
La la la la la la
User avatar
Folderol
Jedi Poster
Posts: 11455
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:00 am
Location: The Mudway Towns, UK
Yes. I am that Linux nut.
Onwards and... err... sideways!

Re: the latest Behringer-gate

Postby BillB » Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:01 pm

Folderol wrote:La la la la la la

Hey, that would sound great on an odyssey!
BillB
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1045
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2003 12:00 am
Location: East Yorkshire

Re: the latest Behringer-gate

Postby Arpangel » Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:33 pm

Not sure about posting this here, or it may deserve a seperate thread, may be?
As gear becomes cheaper and cheaper, resale prices also go the same way, we're reaching (reached) a situation where a a lot of the "essential" tools to make music these days are worth almost nothing on resale, or, actually, nothing!
I sold my Moog Model D recently for good money, after owning it for a relatively short time. If that had been a Berry D I'd have lost out big time, and got hardly anything for it. We don't buy gear to sell, that's not the main reason, but it has to be taken into account at some point. I paid a lot for my Moog, but I got most of it back, and original gear can appreciate in value, cheap gear just reaches a point where it's either superseded and devalues enormously, or it just becomes worthless. I'm actually giving stuff away now, and even then, there are no takers, it's better to buy new as it's so cheap, and you get a guarantee!
Now people are using apps, and tablets/phones, apps you can't sell, and phones etc have built in obsolescence.
User avatar
Arpangel
Jedi Poster
Posts: 5288
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2003 12:00 am

Re: the latest Behringer-gate

Postby Sam Spoons » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:08 pm

Purely out of curiosity how much did you buy, and later sell your Moog Model D for?
User avatar
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Posts: 13556
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2003 1:00 am
Location: Manchester UK
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........

Re: the latest Behringer-gate

Postby awjoe » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:59 pm

Plus it sounds great. Nobody's said it, only implied it. I watched two videos. I've never played an instrument like it before, one hand keying the notes, the other hand tweaking the sound. Reminded me a bit of those Indian harmoniums where you pump with one hand and play with the other, except this could easily be more fun. I'm a good one-handed player on backing bits. I'd love to play with this.
User avatar
awjoe
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Posts: 2529
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:00 am
Music production is like finding a good hair dresser

Re: the latest Behringer-gate

Postby Arpangel » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:52 am

Sam Spoons wrote:Purely out of curiosity how much did you buy, and later sell your Moog Model D for?

I bought it for £3,000and sold it for £2,750, I kept it for 18 months. I got it at a good price, and sold it below what it was worth, I needed the money for my Buchla.
It was basically money sitting there, I got £250 use out of it in my ownership.
User avatar
Arpangel
Jedi Poster
Posts: 5288
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2003 12:00 am

Re: the latest Behringer-gate

Postby Sam Spoons » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:16 pm

I would have been happy with that myself and, I guess, if you'd kept it it would have increased in value too so a good investment.

Arpangel wrote:I sold my Moog Model D recently for good money, after owning it for a relatively short time. If that had been a Berry D I'd have lost out big time, and got hardly anything for it.

But, assuming you had got £250's worth of use out of it (as you did with your Minimoog) you would have only need to sell for £20 to break even :bouncy:
User avatar
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Posts: 13556
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2003 1:00 am
Location: Manchester UK
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........

Re: the latest Behringer-gate

Postby Arpangel » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:05 pm

Sam Spoons wrote:I would have been happy with that myself and, I guess, if you'd kept it it would have increased in value too so a good investment.

Arpangel wrote:I sold my Moog Model D recently for good money, after owning it for a relatively short time. If that had been a Berry D I'd have lost out big time, and got hardly anything for it.

But, assuming you had got £250's worth of use out of it (as you did with your Minimoog) you would have only need to sell for £20 to break even :bouncy:

I've just opened a bank account with Moog Financial Services, they do tend to offer slightly higher returns, over time, of course....

:D
User avatar
Arpangel
Jedi Poster
Posts: 5288
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2003 12:00 am

Re: the latest Behringer-gate

Postby Sam Spoons » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:34 pm

:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:
User avatar
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Posts: 13556
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2003 1:00 am
Location: Manchester UK
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........

PreviousNext