Onto the ceiling panel fabric...
To get a nice edge on the outside of the ceiling panels I attached some thin moulding to the edge of the frames, held in place with some panel pins and glue. Once it had dried I cut the edges flush and sanded them over, making sure everything was nice and smooth so there wasn't any chance of tearing the fabric at the edges.
Glued up, waiting to dry:
Fabric stapled roughly into place:
Once all three ceiling panels were covered I lined them up together and clamped the back edges, and fixed them together by screwing through the frames from the inside of the panel outwards, directly into the next frame. A few screws going either way made sure to clamp the panels tightly together, and left a neat join between them.
All three up, with a test fit for the cover plate that finishes up the edge of the panels:
You can also see the cable for a light fitting making its way through behind the panel. To mount a light fitting, I used a bit of 12mm MDF, and covered it with an off-cut of Cara.
Light fitting mount:
With everything fixed back up, the next job was to start framing up and working on some little finishing off bits for around the edges and ends of the various panels. I'll have another sort through some photos and hopefully get some of the next stage up tomorrow. :thumbup: