You are here

Native Instruments software crashing.

For anything relating to music-making on Windows computers, with lots of FAQs. Moderated by Martin Walker.

Re: Native Instruments software crashing.

Postby OneWorld » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:28 pm

blinddrew wrote:That's a new one on me too. Shows how down with the kids Andy is. :)

I think the main site for 'crakd' software was called Warez although I had another name for it 'Please Give Me a Virus' a pal of mine ran a commercial studio with pirated software, and more often than not he was doing yet another 'complete rebuild' and he couldn't figure out why he needed do that every other week!
OneWorld
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby OneWorld » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:37 pm

Phunky wrote:
And I feel quite lucky that I didn't have rely on NI support at the present. 30 percent of their staff was laid off a short while ago, 20 percent with immediate effect. And according to NI it is supposed to improve the customer experience.

If NI has laid off 30% of the staff, is that 30% of staff in general or 30% of support staff? Maybe the products are so good that they don't need support - I wish!

I use NI products and I find the whole bunch of it confusing, it seems many products do the same as other. I bought Komplete 10 some years ago and half of it I don't use, it confuses me and the Kontakt GUI, well, I went out and bought Halion instead which apart from the current fad for 'any colour as long as it's black' is much better.

I really do miss Gigastudio - that was an exemplar of a good design and usability, till TASCAM got hold of it and ditched it.
OneWorld
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby Pete Kaine » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:02 pm

Phunky wrote:If NI has laid off 30% of the staff, is that 30% of staff in general or 30% of support staff? Maybe the products are so good that they don't need support - I wish!

Across the board from the coverage that's been reported, as sales and R&D both seemed to have been affected.
Pete Kaine
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Kit to fuel your G.A.S - https://www.scan.co.uk/shop/pro-audio

Previous