Fans of London rockers Saint Agnes might like to check out the latest competition from mic manufacturers Lewitt, which gives budding mix engineers the chance to practise on the multitrack of a ‘live in the studio’ recording made at Metropolis Studios (above) earlier this year.
Entrants have to remix the band’s ‘Move Like A Ghost’ (shown above).
If you're looking for help, mix engineer Alex Robinson from Metropolis, who mixed the original gig, has shot a video with Lewitt product manager Gabriel Angerstein to explain how he produced his version — although of course you shouldn't feel you have to reproduce what Alex did to win the competition! You can see the video below.
The five best mixes chosen by Lewitt's jury, which will include the band's guitarist and singer Jon Tufnell, will all win Lewitt mics from a total prize trove worth $2500 (below).
• The best mix will win a Lewitt LCT 640TS, plus an online mastering voucher which entitles the holder to get a song mastered at Metropolis;
• Second prize is a Lewitt LCT 540S condenser;
• Third prize is a LCT 441 Flex;
• Fourth prize is an LCT 440 Pure;
• and the fifth prize is an LCT 040 Match stereo pair.
The competition closes on December 31st! For more information on how to enter, see the link below.