A new microphone technology is helping IK Multimedia’s ARC provide ever-better correction for uneven room acoustics.
IK Multimedia have been developing audio software and hardware for almost two decades, and it’s now 10 years since they introduced their software-based room-correction system. Advanced Room Correction, or ARC, shipped with a dedicated omni measurement mic and allowed users to measure the frequency response of their monitoring system and apply corrective EQ in a plug-in. In 2013, ARC 2 was released with added features, better measurement resolution and a new, improved microphone, though users were given the choice of using an older mic if they had one. Although the mics were ‘tailored’ for...
You've only read 10% of this article, so to continue reading...
Option 1: Login to read this article if you have a Digital Subscription or Industry Controlled Circulation account
- To read the full article online (in HTML browser format), please LOG IN at the top of this page.
- Note: Your Digital subscription does not include downloadable PDF articles free of charge.
Option 2: Buy a Digital sub from our shop
- A Digital sub can be bought from our Shop and used immediately, or contact our Subs staff to discuss an upgrade price to add Digital access to your existing Print subscription.
Option 3: Buy and download this SOS article in Adobe PDF format
- Buy this article now and immediately download the PDF file to your computer.
- PDF articles look identical to the printed magazine layouts (but exclude advertisements).
- Note: Some shorter articles don't always have a PDF version.