We explore DP’s tools for applying pitch-correction, harmony generation, pitch-quantising and pitch effects to vocal tracks.
Back in SOS February 2018, we looked at how to employ Digital Performer’s built-in comping functionality to combine the highlights of multiple takes into an edited vocal track. Hopefully, this comped vocal track will feature reasonably good pitch accuracy and inflection, but there is often scope for improvement!
To make minor pitch-corrections or adjustments (as seen in Screen 1 above), expand the height of the track in the Sequence Editor (1), zoom in the pitch ruler for finer resolution (2), choose Relative (versus Absolute) from the pitch layer mode menu (3), choose PureDSP Solo Vocal from the...
You've only read 10% of this article, so to continue reading...
Option 1: Login to read this article if you have a Digital Subscription or Industry Controlled Circulation account
- To read the full article online (in HTML browser format), please LOG IN at the top of this page.
- Note: Your Digital subscription does not include downloadable PDF articles free of charge.
Option 2: Buy a Digital sub from our shop
- A Digital sub can be bought from our Shop and used immediately, or contact our Subs staff to discuss an upgrade price to add Digital access to your existing Print subscription.
Option 3: Buy and download this SOS article in Adobe PDF format
- Buy this article now and immediately download the PDF file to your computer.
- PDF articles look identical to the printed magazine layouts (but exclude advertisements).
- Note: Some shorter articles don't always have a PDF version.