We show you how you can treat Live as one big modular synth.
This is our second look at emulating modular synthesis techniques in Live. In the May 2015 Live column we explored using software modular synths in Live. Here I’ll concentrate on modular synth-building techniques using Live Device Racks. The key advantages of modular synthesis are being able to select which modules to use and how to patch them together. Live excels at the first; any Live device or third-party plug-in as well as any Rack you build from them can be used as a module. Patching modules together is a bit...
You've only read 10% of this article, so to continue reading...
Option 1: Login to read this article if you have a Digital Subscription or Industry Controlled Circulation account
- To read the full article online (in HTML browser format), please LOG IN at the top of this page.
- Note: Your Digital subscription does not include downloadable PDF articles free of charge.
Option 2: Buy a Digital sub from our shop
- A Digital sub can be bought from our Shop and used immediately, or contact our Subs staff to discuss an upgrade price to add Digital access to your existing Print subscription.
Option 3: Buy and download this SOS article in Adobe PDF format
- Buy this article now and immediately download the PDF file to your computer.
- PDF articles look identical to the printed magazine layouts (but exclude advertisements).
- Note: Some shorter articles don't always have a PDF version.