WIN AudioFuse 8Pre interface + V Collection 7 virtual instruments and Delay plug-in bundle, worth over £1200$1500.
In a relatively short space of time, French company Arturia’s product line-up has grown from offering software emulations of classic analogue synthesizers to making some classic hardware synths of their own. Along the way, they’ve offered MIDI controllers, drum machines, sequencers and a range of high‑quality USB interfaces.
The first two models in the AudioFuse range were desktop interfaces, but the newest — the AudioFuse 8Pre [reviewed in SOS December 2019 issue] — adopts the professional 19-inch rackmounting standard. And it’s not just the form-factor that’s gone pro: the 8Pre lives up to its name by including eight of Arturia’s mighty DiscretePro preamps. These represent a serious step up in quality compared to most interface preamps, by providing up to 77dB of gain and having an impressively low noise figure of -129dBu. Whether you’re recording the quietest sources or using vintage passive microphones, these preamps will handle it all.
Other features of the AudioFuse 8Pre include two front-panel instrument inputs, 10 analogue outputs, a monitor control section (including speaker switching and a headphone output), and ADAT I/O for easy expandability. And in addition to its USB connectivity, the 8Pre can also work as a stand‑alone ADAT expander, so you can easily plumb its premium preamps into your existing setup.
For this month’s competition, Arturia are kindly giving away an 8Pre interface and a huge selection of software to go with it. Arturia’s V Collection 7 is the culmination of their expertise in modelling analogue instruments, and it includes no fewer than 24 emulations of classic synths and keyboards, from the likes of ARP, Fairlight, Buchla, Yamaha, Oberheim, Roland and many, many more.
The cherry on top of this well‑iced prize cake is Arturia’s 3 Delays You’ll Actually Use collection [reviewed SOS December 2019 issue]. This includes two emulations of classic hardware delays (the Tape‑201 and bucket‑brigade‑based Memory Brigade), plus the all‑new Eternity plug-in. All these delays feature extensive modulation and tone‑shaping options, and between them should cover every delay sound you’ll ever need!
To be in with a chance of winning this fantastic bundle, all you have to do is answer the questions in the panel, dream up a stunning tie-breaker, and submit your entry by Friday 31st January 2020. Good luck!
Prizes kindly donated by Arturia www.arturia.com
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- In entering this competition, you confirm that you are aged 18 years or older.
- By submitting your entry, you agree to supply Sound On Sound and the Prize Donor with a photograph of you and the prize(s) plus some words about winning the prize. This may be used on each company's website, email newsletter announcements and/or social media channels. Your name will be abbreviated to first name last initial and your town/city/country, eg. Peter G of New Orleans, USA.
- Please DO NOT ENTER if you do not agree to these terms.
- Employees of SOS Publications Group, Arturia, Source Distribution, and their immediate families are ineligible for entry.
- No cash alternative is available in lieu of the stated prize.
- The competition organisers reserve the right to change the specification of the prize offered.
- The judges' decision is final and legally binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- No other correspondence is to be included with competition entries.
- Please ensure that you give your DAYTIME telephone number on your entry form.
- Prize winners must be prepared to make themselves available in the event that the competition organisers wish to make a personal presentation.
- The winning entrants name and county/state will be made available upon request.