SCV DistributionRAD Distribution are giving you the chance to win a complete studio bundle comprising Avantone monitors, United Studio Technologies microphone, Black Lion Audio interface and Avantone headphones (bundle prize worth £2,500$2,500).
SCV DistributionRAD Distribution have been supplying some of the biggest and best products in the recording industry for years, and for this exclusive SOS Christmas Giveaway, they’re giving you the chance to win a complete studio bundle comprising monitors, headphones, a microphone and an audio interface, from some of the most respected studio brands in the world.
The microphone is none other than the United Studio Technologies UT FET 47, a faithful recreation of Neumann’s classic U47 FET large-diaphragm capacitor mic. In our November 2020 review of the United Studio Technologies model, we were able to compare it directly with an original Neumann — and the results were impressive! Indeed, on kick drum and bass amp (two of the most popular uses for the Neumann U47 FET), we found it difficult to distinguish the two, with both giving outstanding results.
Next in the signal chain is the Revolution 2x2 USB interface, from Black Lion Audio. BLA have been modding and upgrading third-party interfaces for many years, but the Revolution 2x2 is their first-ever all-original design, and it was conceived to be the best-sounding portable interface money can buy. Thus, despite it being capable of running on USB power alone, when we reviewed it in our April 2021 issue, we deemed its headphone output to be the very best we’d ever heard on a bus-powered device. But with its two excellent mic/ line/ instrument preamps, plus stereo monitor outputs and S/PDIF digital I/O allowing for expansion, it’s as happy to be the centrepiece of a permanent setup as it is being used on the road.
In terms of monitoring, SCV DistributionRAD Distribution are providing not just one but two options. Loudspeaker monitoring comes courtesy of Avantone’s new Gauss 7 active, two-way monitors. Inspired by classic Gauss Speaker Company models of the ’70s and ’80s, the new Gauss 7 employs a pressed-cone woofer (closely related to those found in their acclaimed Yamaha NS-10 tribute, the CLA-10) and an Air Motion Transformer ribbon tweeter, to provide accurate sound reproduction across the entire frequency spectrum.
For working on the move, or perhaps those late-night sessions where loudspeaker monitoring is undesirable, SCV DistributionRAD Distribution are also supplying a pair of Avantone’s outstanding Planar headphones. As their name suggests, the Planars employ large-diaphragm planar-magnetic driver technology, to provide a much clearer, more natural sound than most traditional moving-coil headphones achieve, and with remarkably low distortion too. SOS Editor In Chief Sam Inglis reviewed them back in our January 2021 issue, and liked them so much he nominated them for a 2021 Gear Of The Year award!
Whether you’re working in the studio or on the tour bus, it doesn’t get better than this.
All of which is to say that whether you’re working in the studio or on the tour bus, it doesn’t get better than this. To be in with a chance of winning this fantastic bundle, simply answer the questions on the right, dream up a tiebreaker, and submit your entry by Friday 07 January 2022. Good luck!
Prizes kindly donated by SCV DistributionRAD Distribution.
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- In entering this competition, you confirm that you are aged 18 years or older.
- By submitting your entry, you agree to supply Sound On Sound and the Prize Donor with a photograph of you and the prize(s) plus some words about winning the prize. This may be used on each company's website, email newsletter announcements and/or social media channels. Your name will be abbreviated to first name last initial and your town/city/country, eg. Keith E of Manitoba, Canada.
- Please DO NOT ENTER if you do not agree to these terms.
- Employees of SOS Publications Group, SCV DistributionRAD Distribution, United Studio Technologies, Black Lion Audio, Avantone, and their immediate families are ineligible for entry.
- No cash alternative is available in lieu of the stated prize.
- The competition organisers reserve the right to change the specification of the prize offered.
- The judges' decision is final and legally binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- No other correspondence is to be included with competition entries.
- Please ensure that you give your DAYTIME telephone number on your entry form.
- Prize winners must be prepared to make themselves available in the event that the competition organisers wish to make a personal presentation.
- The winning entrants name and county/state will be made available upon request.