Win! Cranborne 500R8 & Camden 500 Preamps worth £2200$2400.
Do you integrate analogue gear with your DAW? The Cranborne Audio 500R8 makes this easier than ever, by combining a modern USB audio interface and analogue processing to create the ultimate digital/analogue hybrid system. By using the expansive 500‑series standard, the 500R8 gives you the opportunity to build your own custom recording and hybrid mixing system with endless possibilities of analogue flavours seamlessly integrated into your DAW-based workflow. Fill it full of tasty preamps when you are recording. Fill it full of EQs and compressors when you are mixing. The 500R8’s built-in USB audio interface takes care of all the conversion, routing, and cable spaghetti to allow you to fully integrate your 500‑series modules into your DAW and concentrate on making great music rather than fighting drop-down menus, licensing hassle, and the CPU limitations of software plugins — and better still, your system is your own, for you, built to your taste. And it looks cool in your studio!
More than just a 500 series rack with converters built-in, the 500R8 is also an analogue summing mixer, studio monitor controller, reference headphone amplifier, and mixing station — combining all of the elements required in the modern recording studio. But it’s more than the sum of its parts. Each element has been carefully considered, designed, and perfected to work together and provide you with the best of everything, and in some cases better than what you find in standalone units. To find out more, read our in-depth review of the 500R8 in SOS September 2019 issue.
By using the expansive 500‑series standard, the 500R8 gives you the opportunity to build your own custom recording and hybrid mixing system.
The lucky winner of this Sound On Sound competition will receive not only a 500R8 rack unit, but will also get a head start on populating it, with two of Cranborne Audio’s outstanding Camden 500 preamps. Featuring stepped gain controls for precise and repeatable settings, plus Cranborne’s proprietary Mojo circuit for adding user-controllable saturation, the Camden 500 received a glowing review in our October 2018 issue (www.soundonsound.com/reviews/cranborne-audio-camden-500), as well as our coveted SOS Editor’s Pick for Gear Of The Year 2018.
To be in with a chance of winning this superb prize, simply answer the questions below, by Friday 1st November 2019. Good luck!
Prizes kindly donated by Cranborne Audio.
More info: www.cranborne-audio.com
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- In entering this competition, you confirm that you are aged 18 years or older.
- By submitting your entry, you agree to supply Sound On Sound and the Prize Donor with a photograph of you and the prize(s) plus some words about winning the prize. This may be used on each company's website, email newsletter announcements and/or social media channels. Your name will be abbreviated to first name last initial and your town/city/country, eg. Peter F of Dallas, USA.
- Please DO NOT ENTER if you do not agree to these terms.
- Employees of SOS Publications Group, Cranborne Audio, and their immediate families are ineligible for entry.
- No cash alternative is available in lieu of the stated prize.
- The competition organisers reserve the right to change the specification of the prize offered.
- The judges' decision is final and legally binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- No other correspondence is to be included with competition entries.
- Please ensure that you give your DAYTIME telephone number on your entry form.
- Prize winners must be prepared to make themselves available in the event that the competition organisers wish to make a personal presentation.
- The winning entrants name and county/state will be made available upon request.