Listen to our Theremin podcast and you could win this fabulous Moog Theremini.
To celebrate the 100th anniversary of the invention of the Theremin, Moog have kindly donated a Theremini instrument along with three runner-up prizes of the Patch & Tweak With Moog book.
The Theremini is a reimagination of one of the oldest electronic musical instruments, and Bob Moog’s first love — the Theremin. Its design fuses the experience of playing an instrument you don’t actually touch, with a powerful sound engine derived from Moog’s award winning synthesizer, Animoog. The Theremini guarantees immediate success to anyone at any skill level or physical ability, while also providing new ways to experiment with music, education, and gestural control.
Assistive pitch correction allows each player to adjust the instrument's level of playing difficulty. When activated the Theremini will play every note in a selected scale perfectly, making it impossible to play a wrong note. As the assistive pitch correction is decreased, more expressive control of pitch and vibrato becomes possible. When deactivated, the Theremini will perform as a traditional Theremin and there is absolutely no pitch correction.
You can read the SOS review here: www.soundonsound.com/reviews/moog-theremini
Listen to our Theremin podcast
To be in with a chance of winning this fantastic prize all you have to do is listen to our podcast episode all about the Theremin to hear the answer, type it into the box, then dream up a tie‑breaker and submit your entry by Friday 15 January 2021. Good luck!
Prizes kindly donated by Moog Music.
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- In entering this competition, you confirm that you are aged 18 years or older.
- By submitting your entry, you agree to supply Sound On Sound and the Prize Donor with a photograph of you and the prize(s) plus some words about winning the prize. This may be used on each company's website, email newsletter announcements and/or social media channels. Your name will be abbreviated to first name last initial and your town/city/country, eg. Winston T of Athens, Georgia.
- Please DO NOT ENTER if you do not agree to these terms.
- Employees of SOS Publications Group or Moog Music, Source Distribution and their immediate families are ineligible for entry.
- No cash alternative is available in lieu of the stated prize.
- The competition organisers reserve the right to change the specification of the prize offered.
- The judges' decision is final and legally binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- No other correspondence is to be included with competition entries.
- Please ensure that you give your DAYTIME telephone number on your entry form.
- Prize winners must be prepared to make themselves available in the event that the competition organisers wish to make a personal presentation.
- The winning entrants name and county/state will be made available upon request.