Here's your chance to win this truly superb orchestral sample library from Spitfire Audio, worth £1697$2200.
Since their founding in 2007, Spitfire Audio have earned a place alongside the most venerable British pro audio brands, having concocted some hugely ambitious sampled instruments that have won favour with professional composers the world over. Their newest orchestral instrument was born out of a collaboration with another great British institution, the BBC, and its in-house Symphony Orchestra.
Recorded at the legendary Maida Vale Studios, Spitfire Audio’s BBC Symphony Orchestra samples the world-renowned 99-strong orchestra in exquisite detail. It provides a one-stop shop for orchestral composition, offering 56 different instruments played both solo and in ensembles, and covering a massive 435 playing techniques.
Producing this detailed library required no fewer than 84 different recording sessions, and generated over a million(!) samples. In its full Professional form, it provides composers with 680GB worth of samples, but these have been condensed into a unified and easy-to-use software front end that doesn’t get in the way of you and your writing. For composers in a hurry, however, and who perhaps don’t need access to all the individual microphone signals, all of the meticulously captured performances can be heard through a single, production-ready stereo mix, in the less resource-intensive Core edition.
When Dave Stewart reviewed BBCSO back in SOS November 2019, he was wowed by the consistently outstanding performances, and the breadth of sounds and articulations on offer. You can read that in-depth review at: www.soundonsound.com/reviews/spitfire-audio-bbc-symphony-orchestra
Spitfire Audio’s BBC Symphony Orchestra samples the world-renowned 99-strong orchestra in exquisite detail.
For this SOS competition, Spitfire are kindly giving you the chance to win a copy of your own. One lucky entrant will win the full Spitfire BBC Symphony Orchestra Professional edition, worth £899, while two runners-up will get a copy of BBCSO Core, worth £399 each.
To be in with a chance of winning this fantastic prize, all you have to do to enter is answer the questions on the right, dream up a tie-breaker, and submit your entry by midnight on Friday 02 October 2020. Good luck!
Prizes kindly donated by Spitfire Audio.
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- In entering this competition, you confirm that you are aged 18 years or older.
- By submitting your entry, you agree to supply Sound On Sound and the Prize Donor with a photograph of you and the prize(s) plus some words about winning the prize. This may be used on each company's website, email newsletter announcements and/or social media channels. Your name will be abbreviated to first name last initial and your town/city and country, eg. Tony B of Paris, France.
- Please DO NOT ENTER if you do not agree to these terms.
- Employees of SOS Publications Group, Spitfire Audio, and their immediate families are ineligible for entry.
- No cash alternative is available in lieu of the stated prize.
- The competition organisers reserve the right to change the specification of the prize offered.
- The judges' decision is final and legally binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- No other correspondence is to be included with competition entries.
- Please ensure that you give your DAYTIME telephone number on your entry form.
- Prize winners must be prepared to make themselves available in the event that the competition organisers wish to make a personal presentation.
- The winning entrants name and county/state will be made available upon request.