Sound On Sound earns revenue from selling single article PDFs of its monthly content: reviews, interviews, tutorial workshops, etc. Please respect our Copyright material.
What You Can Do
- Quoted Extracts: You are permitted to quote short excerpts of up to 200 words each, up to a total of 10 percent of the text.
- Backlink: You must link back to the original article on the soundonsound.com website when using quotes on your social platforms or website (a short URL is acceptable for this).
- Identify Source: For website and print marketing, you must clearly identify that it is coming from Sound On Sound, and state the Issue, eg. Sound On Sound March 2021. In web banners, we accept you showing only the magazine name or its abbreviated name, eg. "This is the best thing since sliced bread!" SOS
- SOS Logo: Feel free to use an SOS logo to enhance your print/web SOS quotation(s).
Logos available here
- SOS Author: A credit/mention of the SOS author is always nice too but not obligatory.
- Photos: You can show a photo of the print magazine open at a specific article, as a teaser on your social/blog provided you include a link back to the online version of that article.
Often the social media platform will automatically display a pic from the article linked to in the post; this is permitted and encouraged by us.
- Article Finder: All articles can be found at www.soundonsound.com/magazine (use the month/year selector).
What You Can Not Do
- SOS Publications Group does not grant permission for the complete SOS article text (or its photos) to be reproduced on any manufacturer's, distributor's or reader's own website, social channel, or blog.
- No Scanning: Please do not scan the entire article and put onto your public site, even in PDF form. This robs us of traffic and content sales and infringes our copyright. Instead, we suggest you promote your joy of receiving a great review using one of the methods outlined above and shown below.
Here is a collection of examples across different formats where advertisers have used Quotations following best-practice.
Review Extract, Teaser Photo & Link
- Here's a superb example of how to do things right from Synchro Arts: www.synchroarts.com/reviews/vocalign-ultra-sound-on-sound-january-2021
- In this Aston Microphones leaderboard banner the final frame of the GIF shows the SOS quotation and SOS logo. This is acceptable where space prevents the inclusion of the author name and review month/year.
Review Quotes, SOS Logo & Link
- Here's another great example of how to do things right from IK Multimedia: www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?id=sosat5
Page last updated: 27 February 2021