UPDATE: Meris hve just released an official sound demo for their Ottobit 500-series module. Listen here:
Ottobit is a new and unusual sound processor in the 500-series modular format, designed and built in Los Angeles. It is designed to give musicians and sound designers tools to sculpt any source into audio reminiscent of early 8- and 16-bit video game soundtracks — giving you that '80s/'90s (games) console sound.
- Sample Rate Decimation & Bit Reduction
- Pitch Track Enabled Ring Modulator
- Tap Tempo controlled Triggered Envelopes & LFO Modifiers
- Selectable LFO and Ring Mod Waveshapes
- Blendable Ring Mod AM/FM Modulation
- Premium analog signal path and 24-bit AD/DA w/ 32 Bit floating point DSP
Check out their teaser video. The Ottobit will be available Spring 2015. Demo videos will be coming soon.