Drawmer’s latest monitor controller puts the same impressive audio quality as their MC2.1 into a new desktop format.
British manufacturers Drawmer have been building high-quality but affordable pro-audio hardware for nearly 40 years now. They continue to offer a range of processors, but in recent years they’ve also turned their attention to active monitor controllers and currently offer no fewer than four different models! I reviewed the very first, the original MC2.1, back in SOS April 2014 (http://sosm.ag/drawmer-mc2-1), and I was very impressed with its genuinely transparent sound quality and the feature set, which ticked all of my (rather demanding) boxes and was more extensive than many other far more expensive alternatives.
Since then Drawmer have added the larger, more capable MC3.1, the minimalist MC1.1, and the surround-sound MC7.1. All models share the same core circuitry as the original. The latest addition to the fleet is the CMC2, the name denoting that this is intended...
You've only read 10% of this article, so to continue reading...
Option 1: Login to read this article if you have a Digital Subscription or Industry Controlled Circulation account
- To read the full article online (in HTML browser format), please LOG IN at the top of this page.
- Note: Your Digital subscription does not include downloadable PDF articles free of charge.
Option 2: Buy a Digital sub from our shop
- A Digital sub can be bought from our Shop and used immediately, or contact our Subs staff to discuss an upgrade price to add Digital access to your existing Print subscription.
Option 3: Buy and download this SOS article in Adobe PDF format
- Buy this article now and immediately download the PDF file to your computer.
- PDF articles look identical to the printed magazine layouts (but exclude advertisements).
- Note: Some shorter articles don't always have a PDF version.