This high-end valve mic sounds every bit as classy as it looks, and a unique voicing switch adds to its versatility.
This latest in Josephson’s 7-series microphones is built in the company’s own Santa Cruz factory in California, and upholds their reputation for meticulous electronic and mechanical design. Outwardly, the most noticeable feature of this microphone is its headbasket, which is made from a special open-cell, reticulated aluminium foam; the same material is also used in the aerospace industry, for rocket motors and aircraft fuel tanks! As well as being rugged and acoustically transparent, this material also provides excellent electrical screening for the capsule, and helps to break up internal reflections. As the foam is self-supporting, there are no solid vertical supports to interfere...
You've only read 10% of this article, so to continue reading...
Option 1: Login to read this article if you have a Digital Subscription or Industry Controlled Circulation account
- To read the full article online (in HTML browser format), please LOG IN at the top of this page.
- Note: Your Digital subscription does not include downloadable PDF articles free of charge.
Option 2: Buy a Digital sub from our shop
- A Digital sub can be bought from our Shop and used immediately, or contact our Subs staff to discuss an upgrade price to add Digital access to your existing Print subscription.
Option 3: Buy and download this SOS article in Adobe PDF format
- Buy this article now and immediately download the PDF file to your computer.
- PDF articles look identical to the printed magazine layouts (but exclude advertisements).
- Note: Some shorter articles don't always have a PDF version.