As every Dark Side Of The Moon fan should know, a prism is a three-dimensional object that refracts light. The Qu-Bit version, one is led to suppose, is the audio equivalent. In their own words, the Prism is “a multi–dimensional signal processor that creates a framework for the spectral metamorphosis of any input signal”. If I may be permitted to translate this marketing speak, Prism is an effect module capable of combining three distinct elements: delay, filter and decimation.
Housed in a smart 12HP, skiff-friendly module, the Prism is a stereo effects unit. There are two main audio inputs and outputs. The first element is the digital delay line. The time of the delay can be adjusted from very short (a few milliseconds) to around two seconds, allowing for anything from chorus, flanging and comb filtering to traditional tempo-based delays. There is no dedicated feedback...
You are reading one of the locked Subscriber-only articles from our latest 5 issues.
You've read 20% of this article for free, so to continue reading...
Option 1: Buy and download this single SOS article in Adobe PDF format
- For less than the price of a coffee shop drink, buy this article now and immediately download the PDF file to your computer or smartphone.
- Single article PDFs look identical to the printed magazine layouts (but exclude advertisements).
- Note: Some shorter articles don't always have a PDF version.
Option 2: Buy a great value DIGITAL subscription (or Print+Digital) and open ALL web articles & Full Issue PDFs instantly!
- A DIGITAL sub can be bought from our online ShopStore and used immediately.
- It opens ALL premium web articles, plus our Tablet edition App, and now includes your monthly FREE Full Issue PDF download (worth £3.99$5.99 each).
- Or contact our Subs staff to discuss an upgrade price to add Digital access to your existing Print subscription.
Option 3: Buy & Download TODAY the Full Issue PDF
- From January 2018 edition, we began selling a FULL ISSUE PDF 'replica magazine' for the cost of a handful of single PDF articles. More info...