Signum Audio’s comprehensive loudness measurement tools are flexible enough to cater for all current and future standards.
While it’s self-evident that the most important tool for mixing is the human ear, it’s also true that the ear can be easily fooled. As a consequence it continues to be essential to support those critical listening skills with a reliable reference metering system: specifically, one that can analyse the ‘loudness’ of the material against the appropriate parameters for the various media streaming platforms that dominate the consumer music experience today.
One of the latest additions to the multitude of loudness meter plug-ins now available comes from Signum Audio, Scottish audio software developers with 25 years of experience creating elegant user interfaces. The company currently offer their Bute Loudness Analyser both on its own and in the extended Bute Loudness Suite, which combines the analyser with a true-peak...
You've only read 10% of this article, so to continue reading...
Option 1: Login to read this article if you have a Digital Subscription or Industry Controlled Circulation account
- To read the full article online (in HTML browser format), please LOG IN at the top of this page.
- Note: Your Digital subscription does not include downloadable PDF articles free of charge.
Option 2: Buy a Digital sub from our shop
- A Digital sub can be bought from our Shop and used immediately, or contact our Subs staff to discuss an upgrade price to add Digital access to your existing Print subscription.
Option 3: Buy and download this SOS article in Adobe PDF format
- Buy this article now and immediately download the PDF file to your computer.
- PDF articles look identical to the printed magazine layouts (but exclude advertisements).
- Note: Some shorter articles don't always have a PDF version.