You are here

Small, feature packed multi effects

For all things relating to guitars, basses, amps, pedals & accessories.

Re: Small, feature packed multi effects

Postby garrettendi » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:16 am

I feel very young now. I started playing in 2003 and my first multi-effects was the Zoom G2.1u. Looked like something from a sci-fi film.

It was a beaut though

EDIT: I also had a Boss MT-2 for a while though, so not all my pedal choices were even half decent
garrettendi
Frequent Poster
Despite my post count, I know nothing. Think of me as the court jester!

Postby gingertimmins » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:18 pm

blinddrew wrote:Ha! I think I've still got one of these kicking around somewhere: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AH7Ugi3CyNw
But I may have given it to my brother...

I remember that bad boy. My first multi effects board! That and a bespeco wah pedal.... man they were good times!
gingertimmins
Regular

Postby gingertimmins » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:21 pm

garrettendi wrote:I feel very young now. I started playing in 2003 and my first multi-effects was the Zoom G2.1u. Looked like something from a sci-fi film.

It was a beaut though

EDIT: I also had a Boss MT-2 for a while though, so not all my pedal choices were even half decent

It was actually the g2.1u that put me off zoom! I didn’t like the amp models on it but worse than that I had 3, all of which had failed footswitches.... so much for a pedal marketed with the robustness and ease of a stomp box.
gingertimmins
Regular

Postby garrettendi » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:44 am

I never had any such issues, but back then I thought the amp models were great. I wonder how I'd feel if I took a listen with the experience I have now, especially given the many modelling amps and plugins I've had since. I imagine I'd hate them now. Might take a listen on YouTube at lunch sometime.

But regardless of whether the amps were good or not, the main effect I used was the Marshall Guvnor clone. I tried things like phasers and the like but I just didn't have the knowledge, the experience, or the ears to know how to use them.

So all in all, it was arguably a waste of my money. If I wanted the same tone today, I'd just buy a Guvnor on eBay.
garrettendi
Frequent Poster

Postby garrettendi » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:41 pm

Had a few listens on YouTube... It sounds better than I remember actually!

I think I might try and get it back from the mate I gave it to, Hope he's still got it.
garrettendi
Frequent Poster

Previous