Having the right gear is obviously crucial to the success of any recording studio, but other factors are sometimes overlooked: notably, how the gear is connected, and how it is supplied with mains power. The stuff that happens under and in between the racks often matters just as much as, if not more than, the gear presented in the racks themselves. Riverside Studios in Cologne certainly have done their homework in this department — and in all others, too! The studio has existed for several decades, but a recent move provided the opportunity to combine the experience gathered over the years into a new venue that oozes high-end from every pore. Not only is the equipment in the racks top-notch, but so too are the wiring, the rooms, the instruments and everything else you can think of.
Studio mastermind Ralf Kemper has produced over 1000 commercial soundtracks in his career, collaborated with the likes of Alan Broadbent, Quincy Jones, Joe Pesci, Adam Levine and Peter Erskine, and...
You are reading one of the locked Subscriber-only articles from our latest 5 issues.
You've read 20% of this article for free, so to continue reading...
Option 1: Buy and download this single SOS article in Adobe PDF format
- For less than the price of a coffee shop drink, buy this article now and immediately download the PDF file to your computer or smartphone.
- Single article PDFs look identical to the printed magazine layouts (but exclude advertisements).
- Note: Some shorter articles don't always have a PDF version.
Option 2: Buy a great value DIGITAL subscription (or Print+Digital) and open ALL web articles & Full Issue PDFs instantly!
- A DIGITAL sub can be bought from our online ShopStore and used immediately.
- It opens ALL premium web articles, plus our Tablet edition App, and now includes your monthly FREE Full Issue PDF download (worth £3.99$5.99 each).
- Or contact our Subs staff to discuss an upgrade price to add Digital access to your existing Print subscription.
Option 3: Buy & Download TODAY the Full Issue PDF
- From January 2018 edition, we began selling a FULL ISSUE PDF 'replica magazine' for the cost of a handful of single PDF articles. More info...