Teenage Engineering take the Pocket Operator game to the next level.
The PO-32 is the latest and most ambitious Pocket Operator in Teenage Engineering’s quirky range of handheld instruments. This one is a programmable synth-based drum machine with a pattern sequencer, performance effects, and parameter lock automation. The ‘Tonic’ moniker is borrowed from Microtonic, the Sonic Charge plug-in whose drum synth engine has been committed to silicon on this device. It’s this plug-in (bought separately) that provides the programming interface for creating your own PO-32 sounds. These can then be transferred to the PO-32 via an audio data burst... you should never expect the ordinary from Teenage...
You've only read 10% of this article, so to continue reading...
Option 1: Login to read this article if you have a Digital Subscription or Industry Controlled Circulation account
- To read the full article online (in HTML browser format), please LOG IN at the top of this page.
- Note: Your Digital subscription does not include downloadable PDF articles free of charge.
Option 2: Buy a Digital sub from our shop
- A Digital sub can be bought from our Shop and used immediately, or contact our Subs staff to discuss an upgrade price to add Digital access to your existing Print subscription.
Option 3: Buy and download this SOS article in Adobe PDF format
- Buy this article now and immediately download the PDF file to your computer.
- PDF articles look identical to the printed magazine layouts (but exclude advertisements).
- Note: Some shorter articles don't always have a PDF version.