Four years ago, Rycote launched their most advanced wind shielding system, the Cyclone, introducing some really innovative approaches to deliver a step-change in wind shielding performance, combined with delightful ease of use. The original models for mono shotgun mics (still the mainstay of TV and film location sound) have recently been joined by a comprehensive range of Stereo Cyclones, and I’ve been testing the MS4 kit with a Mid‑Sides stereo array of Sennheiser MKH30/40 microphones.
The Cyclone features a pear-shaped outer shell, used with the ‘fat end’...
You've only read 10% of this article, so to continue reading...
Option 1: Login to read this article if you have a Digital Subscription or Industry Controlled Circulation account
- To read the full article online (in HTML browser format), please LOG IN at the top of this page.
- Note: Your Digital subscription does not include downloadable PDF articles free of charge.
Option 2: Buy a Digital sub from our shop
- A Digital sub can be bought from our Shop and used immediately, or contact our Subs staff to discuss an upgrade price to add Digital access to your existing Print subscription.
Option 3: Buy and download this SOS article in Adobe PDF format
- Buy this article now and immediately download the PDF file to your computer.
- PDF articles look identical to the printed magazine layouts (but exclude advertisements).
- Note: Some shorter articles don't always have a PDF version.