This wireless system combines supreme ease of use with the quality for which Sennheiser are known.
Sennheiser build some of the most sophisticated radio mic systems available, but their new XS range seems to have been designed for those users who want to forget about technology and just get on with making music. There are no antennae to set up, no channels to select, no gain controls, no arcane displays — it's almost as easy as turning on your TV. The system looks after channel allocation and interference management automatically.
The system under review is the XSW‑D Vocal Set, but other systems are available, including kits designed for instruments and headset or lavalier microphones, and also a set designed for use with video cameras.
All the XS systems work on the licence-free 2.4GHz (Wi‑Fi) band and incorporate Li-ion batteries that can be charged from any USB...
You are reading one of the locked Subscriber-only articles from our latest 5 issues.
You've read 20% of this article for free, so to continue reading...
Option 1: Buy and download this single SOS article in Adobe PDF format
- For less than the price of a coffee shop drink, buy this article now and immediately download the PDF file to your computer or smartphone.
- Single article PDFs look identical to the printed magazine layouts (but exclude advertisements).
- Note: Some shorter articles don't always have a PDF version.
Option 2: Buy a great value DIGITAL subscription (or Print+Digital) and open ALL web articles & Full Issue PDFs instantly!
- A DIGITAL sub can be bought from our online ShopStore and used immediately.
- It opens ALL premium web articles, plus our Tablet edition App, and now includes your monthly FREE Full Issue PDF download (worth £3.99$5.99 each).
- Or contact our Subs staff to discuss an upgrade price to add Digital access to your existing Print subscription.
Option 3: Buy & Download TODAY the Full Issue PDF
- From January 2018 edition, we began selling a FULL ISSUE PDF 'replica magazine' for the cost of a handful of single PDF articles. More info...