We delve into the mysteries of granular synthesis with Max For Live’s Granulator II instrument.
This month and next we’ll take an in-depth look at different approaches to granular synthesis. I’ll start with Robert Henke’s Max For Live instrument, Granulator II, for a detailed look at how granular synthesis really works. Next month we’ll explore several other ways to approach granular synthesis in Live.
Granulator II is a free Live Pack that you can download from the Packs section of the Live web site (www.ableton.com/en/packs/granulator-ii). The Live Pack also contains two auxiliary devices: GranulatorSlave II and GranulatorInput II, along with a number of helpful Granulator II presets. (Hereafter,...
You've only read 10% of this article, so to continue reading...
Option 1: Login to read this article if you have a Digital Subscription or Industry Controlled Circulation account
- To read the full article online (in HTML browser format), please LOG IN at the top of this page.
- Note: Your Digital subscription does not include downloadable PDF articles free of charge.
Option 2: Buy a Digital sub from our shop
- A Digital sub can be bought from our Shop and used immediately, or contact our Subs staff to discuss an upgrade price to add Digital access to your existing Print subscription.
Option 3: Buy and download this SOS article in Adobe PDF format
- Buy this article now and immediately download the PDF file to your computer.
- PDF articles look identical to the printed magazine layouts (but exclude advertisements).
- Note: Some shorter articles don't always have a PDF version.