- VoxOriginal voxoriginal.mp3 voxoriginal.wav
The raw audio for a section of the lead vocal track.
- Vox Processed Dry voxprocesseddry.mp3 voxprocesseddry.wav
The same audio with multi-band compression, full-band compression, dynamic EQ, static EQ, and pitch-correction.
- Vox Processed Amb Symph voxprocessedambsymph.mp3 voxprocessedambsymph.wav
The processed lead vocal track with ambience reverb and Symphonic modulation effects added — I've left the longer delay and reverb effects off so that you can hear the more subtle treatments in isolation.
- Vox Processed Complete voxprocessedcomplete.mp3 voxprocessedcomplete.wav
The final lead vocal with all the processing and effects used for my remix.
- Dynamic EQ Bypassed dynamiceqbypassed.mp3 dynamiceqbypassed.wav
Here is a section of the final mix without the last-minute Platinumears IQ4 dynamic EQ processing, to demonstrate the harsher vocal sound.
- Drums Original drumsoriginal.mp3 drumsoriginal.wav
A mix of the two main original drum tracks — the primary drum loop and an extra heavily distorted layer which joins in half-way through the example.
- Drums Processed Dry drumsprocesseddry.mp3 drumsprocesseddry.wav
The same two tracks with compression, tube saturation, de-essing, and EQ.
- Drums Processed Complete drumsprocessedcomplete.mp3 drumsprocessedcomplete.wav
The processed drum tracks with a selection of different send effects (including a distorted and detuned reverb) and an added percussion layer courtesy of Sonic Couture's Abstrakt Breaks sample library.
- Strings Processed stringsprocessed.mp3 stringsprocessed.wav
A section of the processed string parts, from roughly 2:20 to 4:10 of the remix. In isolation it's easier to hear the Sidekick plug-in's pumping effect.
- Bells Original bellsoriginal.mp3 bellsoriginal.wav
The original bells track, as submitted by Imprint.
- Bells Processed bellsprocessed.mp3 bellsprocessed.wav
The processed bells part, which uses fast-attack compression, EQ, and lots of long reverb to give a more ominous sound.
- Piano Original pianooriginal.mp3 pianooriginal.wav
The original piano part, without any processing.
- Piano Processed pianoprocessed.mp3 pianoprocessed.wav
The piano part as in the remix, complete with multi-band compression, some fairly drastic EQ, and a variety of different delay and reverb effects.
- BV Edited Pad bveditedpad.mp3 bveditedpad.wav
This was one of the extra elements I added: an otherworldly sustained texture created from an edited and looped snippet of the lead vocal part.
- Original Mix originalmix-0108.mp3 originalmix-0108.wav
Imprint's original version of the mix, as sent in to Mix Rescue.
- No Added Audio Mix noaddedaudiomix.mp3 noaddedaudiomix.wav
This is a version of the final mix without all the extra audio parts I added — background atmospheric samples, reverse reverb snippets, additional percussion layers, and looped vocal pad.
- Remix remix-0108.mp3 remix-0108.wav
My remix from Imprint's original multitrack files, complete with all the supplementary audio parts.