We get to grips with Reason’s aptly named Radical Piano.
The two new flagship synths that arrived with Reason 10 have understandably hogged the limelight, not least in these pages, but they weren’t the only new instruments. Joining them in the Rack were Radical Piano, and a trio of new sample-based devices: Klang Tuned Percussion, Pangea World Instruments and Humana Vocal Ensemble. This month we’ll look at the first of these, which as the name suggests, is not just another piano sampler.
I hadn’t paid Radical Piano a lot of attention in the five years since it was originally released as an independent Rack Extension. Reason has a couple of pretty nice pianos in its default libraries and the ID8 piano is perfectly serviceable. However, it...
You've only read 10% of this article, so to continue reading...
Option 1: Login to read this article if you have a Digital Subscription or Industry Controlled Circulation account
- To read the full article online (in HTML browser format), please LOG IN at the top of this page.
- Note: Your Digital subscription does not include downloadable PDF articles free of charge.
Option 2: Buy a Digital sub from our shop
- A Digital sub can be bought from our Shop and used immediately, or contact our Subs staff to discuss an upgrade price to add Digital access to your existing Print subscription.
Option 3: Buy and download this SOS article in Adobe PDF format
- Buy this article now and immediately download the PDF file to your computer.
- PDF articles look identical to the printed magazine layouts (but exclude advertisements).
- Note: Some shorter articles don't always have a PDF version.