Create custom kits with Sonar’s Session Drummer 3.
I prefer drum loop libraries that include individual hits, so that I can expand upon what’s offered in the loops or create my own loops that are sonically compatible with existing loops. That requires a comprehensive way to put together drum kits, and although Addictive Drums 2 gets most of the ‘drum module’ attention in Sonar, it can’t load custom samples. Fortunately, Session Drummer 3 can.
Start by inserting SD3, which has 12 channels. You can choose a single stereo audio out and use SD3’s internal mixing and panning capabilities, or deploy mono outs for all 12 channels (which adds 24 individual audio output tracks), or stereo outs for all channels, which provides 12 audio tracks.Sonar_1117_01
The latter is my preferred option when processing individual sounds because it’s more compact than 24 mono...
You've only read 10% of this article, so to continue reading...
Option 1: Login to read this article if you have a Digital Subscription or Industry Controlled Circulation account
- To read the full article online (in HTML browser format), please LOG IN at the top of this page.
- Note: Your Digital subscription does not include downloadable PDF articles free of charge.
Option 2: Buy a Digital sub from our shop
- A Digital sub can be bought from our Shop and used immediately, or contact our Subs staff to discuss an upgrade price to add Digital access to your existing Print subscription.
Option 3: Buy and download this SOS article in Adobe PDF format
- Buy this article now and immediately download the PDF file to your computer.
- PDF articles look identical to the printed magazine layouts (but exclude advertisements).
- Note: Some shorter articles don't always have a PDF version.