Barefoot Sound have launched a brand new monitor speaker at the AES Convention this weekend: the MicroMain 45. Watch our video from the show above, and read more from Barefoot Sound below.
Press Release: Barefoot Sound is introducing their newest studio monitor, the MicroMain45 at AES 2014 in Los Angeles, Booth #1031. Featuring the same revolutionary signal path, amplifier and driver technologies as the flagship MiniMain12, the MicroMain45 is stripped down to the bare essentials to deliver the renowned Barefootpower, resolution and accuracy at a more affordable price.
The new Barefoot MM45 is a 3-way active monitor with controls for equalization contour and an input level stepped attenuator. The cabinet has a total of 14 liters internal volume, sealed woofer and midrange enclosures, machined aluminum baffle plate, and long fiber wool acoustic damping throughout.
The MM45 tweeter has a 1" ring radiator, advanced geometry motor, and rear waveguide chamber, with 180W Hypex amplifier. The midranges have two 2.5? aluminum cones, advanced geometry motors, and +/- 2 mm linear excursion, with 180W Hypex amplifier. The woofer has an 8? aluminum cone with high linearity motor, and +/- 13 mm linear excursion with a 250W Hypex amplifier.
- Input Impedance: 50k Ohm
- Frequency Response: 40Hz - 45kHz (±3dB), 53Hz - 40kHz (±1dB)
- Bass Response: -3 dB @ 40Hz, Q = 0.707, Slope = 12 dB/octave
- Crossover Frequencies: 600 / 2500 Hz
- AC Power Input: Nominal 115 VAC or 230 VAC selectable
- Power Consumption: Idle: 18W, Maximum: 400W
- Weight: Speaker: 37.5 lbs. each (17 kg), Shipping: 47 lbs. each (21 kg)
- Dimensions HxWxD: Cabinet: 11.0 x 15.5 x 10.75 inches (279 x 394 x 273 mm)
- Overall: 11.0 x 15.5 x 11.0 inches (279 x 394 x 279 mm)