API put the sound of their classic consoles right at your feet!
Until the recent release of their first floor pedals, the TranZformer GT (for guitar) and TranZformer LX (for bass), getting hardware with the sound of an API mixing console required a significant financial investment. But calling these new creations ‘pedals’ is a bit like calling Mount Everest a hill — they’re both much closer to being floor-mounted channel strips.
Each TranZformer is physically quite large and imposing, and the brushed metal front panels of both models carry the same controls: six API-style knobs for the detented input gain and output level attenuator, the compressor and the three-band EQ, plus three, red LED-equipped footswitches that activate the Tone (EQ), compressor and hardwired bypass. Another red LED, next to the gain control, flashes if either the input or output stages...
You've only read 10% of this article, so to continue reading...
Option 1: Login to read this article if you have a Digital Subscription or Industry Controlled Circulation account
- To read the full article online (in HTML browser format), please LOG IN at the top of this page.
- Note: Your Digital subscription does not include downloadable PDF articles free of charge.
Option 2: Buy a Digital sub from our shop
- A Digital sub can be bought from our Shop and used immediately, or contact our Subs staff to discuss an upgrade price to add Digital access to your existing Print subscription.
Option 3: Buy and download this SOS article in Adobe PDF format
- Buy this article now and immediately download the PDF file to your computer.
- PDF articles look identical to the printed magazine layouts (but exclude advertisements).
- Note: Some shorter articles don't always have a PDF version.