Mercuriall’s painstaking recreation of a classic Mesa guitar preamp offers more than just rock nostalgia.
Guitar rig modelling is now a well-established part of the computer-based studio. While most such modellers go for the ‘more is more’ philosophy, with a single package offering the user a take on every classic amp, cab and effect known to man, Mercuriall offer a more niche approach. For example, their Spark plug-in emulates four very specific flavours of Marshall, while the Tube Amp U530 (reviewed by Sam Inglis in the November 2016 issue) pays...
You've only read 10% of this article, so to continue reading...
Option 1: Login to read this article if you have a Digital Subscription or Industry Controlled Circulation account
- To read the full article online (in HTML browser format), please LOG IN at the top of this page.
- Note: Your Digital subscription does not include downloadable PDF articles free of charge.
Option 2: Buy a Digital sub from our shop
- A Digital sub can be bought from our Shop and used immediately, or contact our Subs staff to discuss an upgrade price to add Digital access to your existing Print subscription.
Option 3: Buy and download this SOS article in Adobe PDF format
- Buy this article now and immediately download the PDF file to your computer.
- PDF articles look identical to the printed magazine layouts (but exclude advertisements).
- Note: Some shorter articles don't always have a PDF version.