A new processor from a new developer promises limiting and transient control precisely targeted to the needs of an individual mix.
Just when you thought that a truce was being drawn in the loudness wars, along comes another plug-in designed to make your mixes sound even louder. However, Newfangled Audio’s Elevate should not be dismissed as just another ’squash it into the red’ processor: it is a genuinely useful and surprisingly versatile mastering tool that can be used to control tonal character as well as loudness. If you are wondering why Eventide are selling plug-ins by Newfangled Audio, the answer is that Newfangled Audio’s founder, Dan Gillespie, was Eventide’s former DSP engineer, and indeed he still consults for the company. His first two plug-ins, both aimed at mastering, are Elevate and EQuivocate, the second of which is being offered free for a limited period.
You've only read 10% of this article, so to continue reading...
Option 1: Login to read this article if you have a Digital Subscription or Industry Controlled Circulation account
- To read the full article online (in HTML browser format), please LOG IN at the top of this page.
- Note: Your Digital subscription does not include downloadable PDF articles free of charge.
Option 2: Buy a Digital sub from our shop
- A Digital sub can be bought from our Shop and used immediately, or contact our Subs staff to discuss an upgrade price to add Digital access to your existing Print subscription.
Option 3: Buy and download this SOS article in Adobe PDF format
- Buy this article now and immediately download the PDF file to your computer.
- PDF articles look identical to the printed magazine layouts (but exclude advertisements).
- Note: Some shorter articles don't always have a PDF version.