When I first started using the Soothe plug-in, I’ll admit to having mixed feelings. I liked what it did when I threw it on a vocal that was sounding a bit harsh, and I was also amazed at what it did to some nasty-sounding cymbals on a drum kit I was mixing. On both occasions, though, I didn’t really understand what it was doing! I didn’t have to change any of the parameters, and although I enjoyed the results, I do like to know what it is that something is contributing, so that I don’t become reliant on a mysterious...
You've only read 10% of this article, so to continue reading...
Option 1: Login to read this article if you have a Digital Subscription or Industry Controlled Circulation account
- To read the full article online (in HTML browser format), please LOG IN at the top of this page.
- Note: Your Digital subscription does not include downloadable PDF articles free of charge.
Option 2: Buy a Digital sub from our shop
- A Digital sub can be bought from our Shop and used immediately, or contact our Subs staff to discuss an upgrade price to add Digital access to your existing Print subscription.
Option 3: Buy and download this SOS article in Adobe PDF format
- Buy this article now and immediately download the PDF file to your computer.
- PDF articles look identical to the printed magazine layouts (but exclude advertisements).
- Note: Some shorter articles don't always have a PDF version.