The VoiceTracer series spans everything from dictaphones to this —a serious PCM recorder with XLR input module and phantom power.
The Philips VoiceTracer range of products covers a lot of ground, from simple voice recorders right up to the DVT7500. While this model does offer dictaphone functionality, it actually has far more in common with pro-quality PCM recorders from the likes of Zoom, Tascam and Olympus.
An integral, 1300mAh lithium-ion battery provides up to 25 hours of operation, with a full charge via the USB port taking three hours. The USB connection is also used to transfer files or load firmware updates. One unusual feature is the included docking XLR adaptor ‘pod’, which houses two XLR/jack ‘combi’ inputs for mic or line-level recording. A side-panel mini-jack accepts...
You've only read 10% of this article, so to continue reading...
Option 1: Login to read this article if you have a Digital Subscription or Industry Controlled Circulation account
- To read the full article online (in HTML browser format), please LOG IN at the top of this page.
- Note: Your Digital subscription does not include downloadable PDF articles free of charge.
Option 2: Buy a Digital sub from our shop
- A Digital sub can be bought from our Shop and used immediately, or contact our Subs staff to discuss an upgrade price to add Digital access to your existing Print subscription.
Option 3: Buy and download this SOS article in Adobe PDF format
- Buy this article now and immediately download the PDF file to your computer.
- PDF articles look identical to the printed magazine layouts (but exclude advertisements).
- Note: Some shorter articles don't always have a PDF version.