Rob Papen's versatile Rack Extension vector synth has been reborn as a plug-in.
Now available in all the common Mac and Windows plug-in variants, including AAX, VST and Audio Units, Vecto was originally created as a Rack Extension for Propellerhead's Reason, but after much pleading from end users, Rob Papen finally relented and created this platform-agnostic version. For those unfamiliar with the instrument, Vecto is a four-oscillator vector synthesizer in which the contribution of the four oscillators is controlled by an X/Y vector pad and other modulation sources, enabling moving, evolving or rhythmic sound textures to be created.
The oscillators can be populated from a long list of waves (Additive, Analogue and Spectrum) or samples which, in combination with the modulation options and a range of preset vector paths, make it easy to create ambient soundscapes, pads and string machine type sounds. The sample sets include 'big samples', which are multisamples with keyboard splits, and there are also some special‑effect sounds. There's no option to import your own samples, though I keep trying to persuade Rob to at least let...
You are reading one of the locked Subscriber-only articles from our latest 5 issues.
You've read 20% of this article for free, so to continue reading...
Option 1: Buy and download this single SOS article in Adobe PDF format
- For less than the price of a coffee shop drink, buy this article now and immediately download the PDF file to your computer or smartphone.
- Single article PDFs look identical to the printed magazine layouts (but exclude advertisements).
- Note: Some shorter articles don't always have a PDF version.
Option 2: Buy a great value DIGITAL subscription (or Print+Digital) and open ALL web articles & Full Issue PDFs instantly!
- A DIGITAL sub can be bought from our online ShopStore and used immediately.
- It opens ALL premium web articles, plus our Tablet edition App, and now includes your monthly FREE Full Issue PDF download (worth £3.99$5.99 each).
- Or contact our Subs staff to discuss an upgrade price to add Digital access to your existing Print subscription.
Option 3: Buy & Download TODAY the Full Issue PDF
- From January 2018 edition, we began selling a FULL ISSUE PDF 'replica magazine' for the cost of a handful of single PDF articles. More info...