Rode’s new performance-oriented wireless set promises ease of use and robust performance.
Headed by the enigmatic Peter Freedman, Rode microphones may have started out small but they now occupy a huge industrial site on the edge of Sydney, Australia. Here Rode design and build their own microphones from the ground up, making effective use of some seriously sophisticated robotic machinery to maintain efficiency as well as consistency of quality. The company recently bought Soundfield from their UK owners and appointed their top engineer, Pieter Schillebeeckx, as head of microphone development for Rode, so it doesn’t seem like they plan to slow down any time soon.
We’re all familiar with Rode’s studio mics, and anyone into video and film-making will have seen countless camera-mounted microphones sporting the Rode logo, but now they’re extending their range of affordable radio mic kits to the live performance market.
You've only read 10% of this article, so to continue reading...
Option 1: Login to read this article if you have a Digital Subscription or Industry Controlled Circulation account
- To read the full article online (in HTML browser format), please LOG IN at the top of this page.
- Note: Your Digital subscription does not include downloadable PDF articles free of charge.
Option 2: Buy a Digital sub from our shop
- A Digital sub can be bought from our Shop and used immediately, or contact our Subs staff to discuss an upgrade price to add Digital access to your existing Print subscription.
Option 3: Buy and download this SOS article in Adobe PDF format
- Buy this article now and immediately download the PDF file to your computer.
- PDF articles look identical to the printed magazine layouts (but exclude advertisements).
- Note: Some shorter articles don't always have a PDF version.